Google Tag Manager UTM necessary

Occasional Participant

Google Tag Manager UTM necessary

Good afternoon, I set up an automatic reply to messages with a certain logic, and I want to count the customer’s response to each type of response to choose the best one, but in the end, the data in Google Tag Manager is very different from the situation we are used to seeing. It seems to me that some events do not reach the Google Tag Manager, we transmit the data through UTM tags, and I suppose, maybe this is the case. I read this answer here:https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Get-Help/where-do-I-add-my-google-analytics-tag/td-p/312971 and realized that I couldn’t get the data directly with Google Analytics, in case I used the Tag manager. But I use some more processing because my UTM tags go through redirects of the site, but thanks to this I see that the clicks are exactly happening, and that their total amount does not correspond to the amount that I see in the google tag manager.

1) does someone use a google tag manager? 2) does someone use yut tags through a redirect? Please answer if you have similar settings.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @user991964 ,

Our higher level technical team looked into it, and haven't been able to find any issues on our end for the Google reporting, or our own tracking. They're recommending you reach out to Google's support, to see if they have any insight on your issues regarding your tags and reporting discrepancies.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thanks for the answer, I will write to them in the community, when I figure out what the problem was, I will definitely write to this thread.