Gravity Form Integration - Submissions showing error: 'Unable to add/update subscriber: Bad Request'

DeniseB53
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, we use Gravity Forms with the Constant Contact integration. Everything has been setup correctly and submissions often work - however recently we have been seeing a 'Bad Request' error with the Constant Contact portion of the submission and the user isn't being added to our List:

DeniseB53_0-1638991905907.png

I can't find any documentation on this - or why it may happen. I am not sure if it is an anti-spam mechanism that is flagging honest submissions or what. Any thoughts? I have also reached out to the Gravity Forms support, though it feels like a refusal from the CC side of things.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DeniseB53 ,

I'd recommend reaching out to the developers of Gravity Forms for troubleshooting assistance as we don't have access to their systems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DeniseB53
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, William! So CC does no sort of anti-spam or check before adding information/users to a CC list? It's all controlled by Gravity Forms in this case?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Generally speaking, any 3rd party developers should have anti-spam checks built into their integrations to prevent bot sign-ups and abuse. Since the only real connection is with our API for the sake of syncing contacts, Gravity Forms would be the best people to reach out to for support in figuring out this error and how to resolve it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DeniseB53
Rookie
0 Votes

That really helps to understand how the API tie in works and the chain of executions with these integrations. Thanks!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST