Greeting Tag

SOLVED
Go to solution
ChrisC7838
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm tired of getting yelled at by my clients because I address them by their formal full first name that I have for obvious reasons in the CRM but you no longer pull the "nickname" that is in Wealthbox that you used to. I just found out in December about this and it makes me look unprofessional. Why on earth would you guys remove the Nickname option from the Greeting Tag. If I call Charles Anderson Chuck all these years why on earth would I address an email to him as Charles?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @ChrisC7838

Thanks for reaching out about your email campaigns! We apologize for any confusion there may be with the greeting tag feature that is available. This greeting tag does in fact only pulls your contact's first name, first and last name, or last name. However in your case it sounds like you want the nickname field to be pulled instead. We recommend manually inserting this custom details into your text instead.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @ChrisC7838

Thanks for reaching out about your email campaigns! We apologize for any confusion there may be with the greeting tag feature that is available. This greeting tag does in fact only pulls your contact's first name, first and last name, or last name. However in your case it sounds like you want the nickname field to be pulled instead. We recommend manually inserting this custom details into your text instead.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST