Guest field - count towards registration total?

Highlighted
Visitor

Guest field - count towards registration total?

Hi,

New here. We use CC for group newsletters for field trips and events, but have never used it for acutal registrations. My question is this; if a parent signs up their teens/students for a field trip, how would this work if they have several to sign up?

I assumed that the parent would sign up, then add their teens as guests (to show names attending). However, then the parent would be the only one counted towards the registration limit, correct? We only want the students counted, but we still need the parent's names? What would be the best way to handle this? Ideas? Hopefully they will not have to add each student one at a time.

Thanks!

Laura

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Guest field - count towards registration total?

Hello @FCCT. You would be able to have the parent sign their children up as guests for an event (or in your case, a field trip). The guests are counted towards the registration limit, along with the main registrant which would be the parent. We do not have a way to not make the parent count towards the registration limit, unfortunately. 

If you were to have the parent sign up each child individually, you would have to have separate email addresses for each child, so I think counting them as "guests" would work the best. Let us know if you need any more assistance with creating an event

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured