HELP- need to know how to set up auto email thank you after purchase from shoppable landing page

JoanneForeman
Occasional Participant

HELP- need to know how to set up auto email thank you after purchase from shoppable landing page

HELP!! Its Sunday and I just sent out my campaign after hours of work with an email that contained a link/button to a shoppable landing page  which had everything lined up - 3 purchase options with add to cart buttons and I checked that it all worked. BUT, I set up an automated email to provide a thank you and next steps  to be triggered by a purchase. but I set this up incorrectly and I need to fix it. 

There was no option to have trigger be a purchase  so I first selected ( when they join list) thinking they only join list when they purchase -so I named the list special Holiday Promo  but then I imported my list of contacts into that list to send the email and of course it sent everyone a thank you immediately ( because they had now joined the list bc I added them not bc they purchased. UGH .). So I obviously missed something. Can anyone please help me fix this ? I think they all got sent the Thank you for purchasing and then 10 minutes later t they got the actual email /offer page .  I then sent an apology email for messing up .  Now , I need to make sure they get a thank you when and only when they purchase ...  I have all the pieces but they need to be connected ... I am so bummed ... Can someone please walk me though this ..

1 REPLY 1
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @JoanneForeman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, at the moment our automated emails do not have a trigger that includes when people purchase something on a shoppable landing page. The trigger option you chose is for when a contact joins your list. That could still work if you manually import everyone who purchased into a contact list that your automated series is connected too. I will definitely submit your feedback on this! Thank you. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.