Help with email domain authentication setup through Godaddy

SOLVED
Go to solution
AngelaT100
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Is anyone here familiar with authenticating an email domain through Godaddy? I've followed the directions but something doesn't seem right and it's not working. According to the directions, I create one TXT record within godaddy. BUT, that makes it sound like I should be pasting that first line of text which is the hostname provided by CC, into that Godaddy text box titled "Host" and then paste the remaining text record into the "TXT Value" box on Godaddy. But it's incorrect when I do it that way. I sent a test email yesterday and today and get an error. In the past, when I did this via , it worked immediately. I read that it could take up to 24 hours, but I think I'm doing it wrong. Anyone familiar with this and know what I am doing wrong? I've attached a screenshot of the CC directions and a screenshot of my Godaddy DNS panel for TXT insert.

Godaddy screen:

pic1.png

Constant Contact directions with sample text to copy into domain TXT panel:

pic2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AngelaT100
Constant Contact Partner

Solved it! Posting in case anyone else runs into the same issue. 

Solution: When you copy and paste the Hostname that Constant Contact generates, it includes your domain name in that text. That part needs to be deleted before you paste the text into the TXT file on Godaddy. It worked immediately after leaving that part out. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AngelaT100
Constant Contact Partner

Solved it! Posting in case anyone else runs into the same issue. 

Solution: When you copy and paste the Hostname that Constant Contact generates, it includes your domain name in that text. That part needs to be deleted before you paste the text into the TXT file on Godaddy. It worked immediately after leaving that part out. 

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @AngelaT100 

I'm glad you were able to solve this! Thank you for also sharing your solution here in the Community. I hope it will be helpful for other users who are also having this same experience.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
JasonW637
Rookie
0 Votes

This also fixed the issue for me! I removed the _domainkey.domain.com part after the hostname and it worked great.

In the hostname it says to enter 

2020206192._domainkey.seekblessings.com. I have removed the domain name after _ as suggested. Now Should i add  2020206192 (without dot) or  2020206192. (with .)

TIA

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @Seek_Blessings 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about this as well. Generally removing the domain name from the email authentication key usually does help with GoDaddy. However I apologize, once the key is generated on our end we do suggest seeking assistance with adding the key from GoDaddy directly.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
PatrickJ81
Rookie
0 Votes

Without it! Just worked for me finally and thank God.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST