High click reporting

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

High click reporting

We had a surprising number of email recipients 'click' on a button to request a demo. The button was the link to my Calendly site. While we had a number of clicks, no one scheduled a demo. This seems to be a recurring problem and I'm guessing we are doing something wrong. Is it possible that when someone opens one of our emails, because of an error on our part, the system is logging a click? For example, on one campaign where we sent 500+ emails, the click rate to schedule a demo was about 10%. However, while I would expect about 50 people would have scheduled a demo on my Calendly site, there were none. I have to believe we are doing something wrong. Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @CynC7,

You are correct. When a contact has a strict firewall and security system it does have to scan all the links to make sure they are not harmful to the viewer which does show as a click in your account. I do apologize for say inconvenience this may cause as it is something that is out of our control. It is going to be very rare that someone has a firewall this strict thankfully. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Employee

Hello @CynC7 ,

I have looked at the link atit is set up correctly. What you are seeing in the clicked link information is that the security/firewall scans all the links when the email is received. this triggers the reporting and shows all the links clicked at the exact same moment. These are not the contacts clicking the email.

Timothy_G

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

This is very confusing. So while I "think" someone clicked a link in the email, they actually did not? If that is true, that renders Constant Contact useless as a platform for insight. I'm trying to discern who opens emails, who clicks on links and most importantly, who clicks a link to request a demo. I'm seeing 'demo clicks' that are false. It might be time to seek another solution. 

Hello @CynC7,

You are correct. When a contact has a strict firewall and security system it does have to scan all the links to make sure they are not harmful to the viewer which does show as a click in your account. I do apologize for say inconvenience this may cause as it is something that is out of our control. It is going to be very rare that someone has a firewall this strict thankfully. 

Zoe H.

View solution in original post

Occasional Participant

Zoe,

I am experiencing the same issue. And it is far more common than you allude. What is constant contact doing to make these metrics more reliable?