Horizontal lines appearing between blocks

user17987
Rookie

I'm experiencing an erroneous white line that appears in the header and footer element of an email template.

The header element comprises of several block built together to give the appearance of a colour block with an offset rule. The white lines appears at the bottom of the block that contains the rule (see below)

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

I've seen that this issue has been reported elsewhere and that specifying the email background to be the same colour as the background of the block where the white line appears to be an acceptable work around. However, in this instance the solution is not viable as it would mean changing the whole email background to be the same colour as the header; blue. 

Please can an update be provided as to how your engineers are progressing with getting the issue resolved?

6 REPLIES 6
Mary_S
Employee
0 Votes

@user17987 
Thanks for reaching out in the Community regarding the issue with horizontal lines in the display of your campaign. We know how important it is for your emails to look consistent across all email platforms. 

One additional potential workaround we have found that you can give a try since the screenshot of your campaign appears to be a single column campaign:

• Drag a block like a divider next to the affected block to create a column layout
  • Add all the affected blocks to one column
  • Delete the block/divider in the other column, so that the content is back to one column 

I have submitted your request to be contacted/emailed on any updates regarding any changes in the issue as the engineers work toward a solution.

Mary S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Papyrus
Rookie
0 Votes

I tried this solution and now the email looks much worse!

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @Papyrus 

I apologize if this workaround we provided is not the answer you were looking for. We recognize it is not a solution to this experience, it is something we suggest in the meantime. Because this is not something happening to all users it does have to be troubleshooted on a case by case basis. There are also many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. Though this may be the case, we have tracked this experience in your account as well so you may be notified of any updates.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
VincentB11
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. The white lines between the blocks. They're not showing in the preview and only show once mailed out.  Has anyone else found a solution?

VincentB11_0-1641561805802.png

Papyrus
Rookie
0 Votes

After dealing with these issues for a while, here are my suggestions. 

1A) Check that all the blocks are in the content area, not separated by one block being in the header or footer area.

1) Rebuild the template from scratch. A pain, I know. But it seems that copying and re-using emails from previous ones degrades their ability to handle graphics correctly. Every couple years I have to start over.

2) If it's an image that won't correctly display full width (a problem I have often), I replace that image with a new image block. Just changing the background color doesn't work all the time.

3) When you try to replace an image that was linked to a url originally, it often won't open the right image dialog. When that happens, I drag an existing image from the library into the box, and then the "replace" button will function correctly.

Workarounds, all, but maybe will help in a pinch.

SarahL00
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I've experienced this problem and found a solution that seems to fix it, despite having no logical reason why it should work. :smileyface: If i give each image and table cell in the layout an "align" and "td valign" attribute, and set them both to "top" (like this: align="top" td valign="top") it seems to fix it.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST