How Do I Insert a Zoom Meeting Link Into a Constant Contact campaign?

oilersfan
Rookie
0 Votes

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @oilersfan ,

You can add a ZOOM link like any other - via text, via image, or via button.

If the link won't insert, make sure the share URL you've gotten from Zoom is the correct one for sharing on other platforms. This may require working with Zoom's support directly.

23 REPLIES 23
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @oilersfan ,

You can add a ZOOM link like any other - via text, via image, or via button.

If the link won't insert, make sure the share URL you've gotten from Zoom is the correct one for sharing on other platforms. This may require working with Zoom's support directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
oilersfan
Rookie
0 Votes

I have tried a few ways.

What is the best way to do it?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @oilersfan ,

Whatever works best for your purposes. The point of links is to get recipients to open them, so perhaps a big, bold button would be best?

William A
ProjectECHO
Campaign Collaborator

Hey Will, have you tried this? Cause it doesn't work.

LeilaniC14
Campaign Contributor

The problem I am getting is that the zoom invite link is not being accepted as a web page or a landing page as there is no ".com".  Please advise on a workable solution for buttons.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @LeilaniC14,

You may need to find a different link used for a Zoom meeting if it is not in a normal link format. Try inserting it into a button and if you see an error you will want to contact Zoom for a different link. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
LindaM894
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

contacting Zoom is frustrating if one does not have an upgraded account. No personal support and I cant find my answer in the community 

ProjectECHO
Campaign Collaborator

Hi! Did you ever figure this out? I'm experiencing the issue, and can't figure out how to insert a zoom meeting link in constant contact. Any suggestions? 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @ProjectECHO. While there isn't a direct integration, Will provided some suggestions earlier on how to insert the link in a campaign, such as a button, image, or link.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
ProjectECHO
Campaign Collaborator

Hi, I actually don't believe Will knows what he's talking about. I tried to add in a hyperlink for the Zoom meeting to a button, in addition to highlighting text and inserting a link, and CC limits the options to a website, an email, a phone number... a unique web address such as that of Zoom is not given. allows an integration with Zoom Webinars, but we don't want a Webinar, just the option to register for an informational Zoom meeting.  allows this, so I'm sure it can be done.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ProjectECHO ,

You'd be selecting the webpage option for link insertion, as that's the only one that makes sense for adding an outside URL to your email to make it clickable and redirectable. The Zoom links work with our tracking rewrite of the URLs, which we just re-tested to re-confirm. We also reconfirmed they work for new meeting and scheduled meeting links, and that they work for text, image, and button links. 

If you're still having issues with your Zoom URL after inserting as a webpage link, then I'd advise reaching out to Zoom's support regarding the meeting's URL.

William A
DawnH89
Rookie

I've been having the same problem and can't get any help. The UX shouldn't be this challenging. There has to be someone who knows how to do this!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Did you contact Zoom's support to make sure the link you're insert as a webpage is the correct one for your meeting? It's the same as inserting any other regular website URL for a text, button, or image link.

William A
MAAS
Rookie

same problem. been on hold on the phone for hours. why cant I add a zoom link to a button????????????

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MAAS ,

You can add zoom links for meetings, scheduled or already live, to buttons in emails. Make sure you're selecting the web page option for adding links, and make sure you're explicitly using the URL Zoom has provided for sharing. If you continue to have issues, we'd advise reaching out to Zoom support to make sure you have the correct URL to be sharing for your meeting.

William A
Shewill4u
Rookie

I am also having this problem - never had this problem before. It started recently. the URL to Zoom DOES NOT WORK as a webpage, landing page, or in a button. I also had a problem with inserting YouTube and was forced to get a Vimeo account just to share a video.  What's going on with CC's programming?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Shewill4u ,

We're not having any issues inserting YouTube links we test with, nor with Zoom links we test with. Please refer to my previous responses here to make sure the link you're trying to insert is valid for accessing (including outside of email insertions, such as testing in an incognito window), or contact Zoom to see if they can offer further insight regarding the link's functionality.

William A
KatieGI
Rookie

I have inserted 100;s of zoom links using the hyperlink and button options. Today Constant contact would not accept a new zoom link. The old zoom link worked fine.

I used Bitly to create a link and constant contact accepted it. Not an answer to what the CC glitch is.. but a work around when it is glitching.

PascalEducationCY
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you Katie, your reply was really helpful. I've just converted my zoom reg link via Bitly and it's finally worked

LindaM894
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

How do I convert my zoom link via Bitly?

KatieGI
Rookie
LindaM894
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Still does not able to connect zoom link to constant contact button because of no .com at the end. This is stalling a major email marketing campaign ! Any solution yet ?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LindaM894 ,

You'd be selecting the webpage option for link insertion, as that's the only one that makes sense for adding an outside URL to your email to make it clickable and redirectable. I re-tested this once again, even with a shortened URL, and it works as expected in both a test and live email format. 

I'd advise reaching out to Zoom's support if you're still having issues with the link, to make sure it's the correct one for sharing.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST