How-To: Adding Maps and "Add to Calendar" to emails

SOLVED
Go to solution

How-To: Adding Maps and "Add to Calendar" to emails

How can I add a "Map w/Directions" and"Add to Calendar" features to my emails?

It works with Invitations but I can't figure out how to make with work with an email.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UPDATED: July 2018

Hi Thomas,

This is a feature you can enable for events and event emails. Currently for 3GE emails, adding an event to your calendar is only available in an an RSVP Block. What you can also do as a workaround is create a screenshot of a map and you can type out the date and time of the event in your email. Doing that will allow most email programs and smart devices to add it to the device's default calendar program.  

We have a function in our 2GE system which will allow you to easily add links to your next 5 events in your email marketing emails. The soonest Event will display first and the rest will follow chronologically. You can't pick and choose which events to add, the list is automatically generated for you.  For assistance with this, please view our FAQ  by clicking here.  I hope this helps.

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

UPDATED: July 2018

Hi Thomas,

This is a feature you can enable for events and event emails. Currently for 3GE emails, adding an event to your calendar is only available in an an RSVP Block. What you can also do as a workaround is create a screenshot of a map and you can type out the date and time of the event in your email. Doing that will allow most email programs and smart devices to add it to the device's default calendar program.  

We have a function in our 2GE system which will allow you to easily add links to your next 5 events in your email marketing emails. The soonest Event will display first and the rest will follow chronologically. You can't pick and choose which events to add, the list is automatically generated for you.  For assistance with this, please view our FAQ  by clicking here.  I hope this helps.

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

Occasional Participant

what about the part of this question re: adding maps w/ directions?

Jarrad M, I don't want to have to create an event. This is part of a newsletter that goes out each week. I just want to be able to create an "Add to my calendar" so it will open Outlook with the date/time and populate the title of the invitation, etc. Then I want to add a small map to the location so it will open Google Maps (or MapQuest) and show the location with directions. All this works in Events, I just want to be able to make it work with an Email. Tom

Hi, You cannot currently add a calendar link to an Email Marketing newsletter. The functionality is currently only available for Event Marketing. Sorry for any inconvenience. There is a workaround for adding a Google Map to your Email Marketing newsletter. This workaround is inserting a screenshot of your map, and connecting it to Google Maps directly. I'm also going to pass on your feedback to our product development team to see if we could implement these features in the future. Thanks, Jarrad

Jarrad

Occasional Participant

Jarrad,

Is there any coding workaround for those of us who ARE HTML proficient RE: "Add to My Calendar" functuionality?

I agree with previous customer that we have many events we do not want to set up an Event Marketing registration for - just the calendar link.

Would love a code snippet if you have one, or some other workaround.

Regular Participant

Yes, we want to be able to add an "Add to Calendar" link to our monthly newsletter, when promoting something like an open house. We do not want to have to set up an event. Constant Contact developers  -  please, pretty please? 

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. This is something that is currently under review. As we get more information, I'll let everyone know.

There is not currently an HTML workaround for this. I'm sorry for the late reply.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Occasional Participant

Ditto the request to please add "Add to Calendar" functionality to the e-mail section. 

Occasional Participant

I have done "Add to Calendar" by creating an event in Outlook, saving it as an .ics file, then uploading it to our website and adding "Add to Calendar" to my email and linking it to this page.  It's a pain, but works.

Gail

I was able to create the event in Outlook and save it as an .ics file. When you said that you add it to your website, does that mean your organization website, or your Constant Contact webiste? I can't figure out how to add this file into my Constant Contact email from this point.

I apologize for the trouble you are having for adding the map to your Constant Contact email. As previously mentioned in this thread, the functionality is currently only available for Event Marketing. As a workaround we suggest inserting a screenshot of your map, and connecting it to Google Maps directly.

I hope that helps!

These steps in previously mentioned FAQ are no longer available as this is not a feature in the current editor.

That link does not work. 

Hi Libby,

Thanks for pointing this out.

Here's a link on how to manually add a map to your email through a clickable screenshot and here is one on adding an RSVP Block.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Participant

Link to adding to my calendar does not work

Thanks for letting us know! This one should work for you now!

Occasional Participant

This is not a link for "Adding to a Calendar" rather it is a link on how to create a calendar which is not what is being asked.

My apologies. When you said the link was not working, I tested the link that Hannah gave above. And I noticed that the link was not working and so therefore I posted with a new link to that calendar FAQ that Hannah had shared.

I don't understand what you're looking for. Could you please clarify or call one of our Support Reps who may assist you at 1-866-289-2101. Again, my apologies.

Occasional Participant

Two years later and still no "Add to calendar" feature with email. Still only with events. ????

Hi John,

My apologies but this is something that is under review currently. I have submitted your feature request. Do you want to insert an actual calendar into the email or insert a vcf file so that it saves to Outlook?

Thank you in advance!

This post thread is archived. Content is saved for education; however, it will not be updated with new links or images. If you need additional information please create a new post/message. You can also vote on this idea here within our Feedback area.   

Thanks,