How To Create My Own Fields

SOLVED
Go to solution
WillieT23
Rookie
0 Votes

It would appear that I can only use the fields that are already included in the contact form. It's very important that I be able to add a field for 'county'.  Is this possible? If so, would someone please direct me as to how it's done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @WillieT23 , 

Great question! You can certainly add your own custom fields to a signup form. You can create custom fields through the My Account tab, or during the contact import process. This guide should show you how to accomplish both, as well as add those fields to a signup form. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @WillieT23 , 

Great question! You can certainly add your own custom fields to a signup form. You can create custom fields through the My Account tab, or during the contact import process. This guide should show you how to accomplish both, as well as add those fields to a signup form. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
WillieT23
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you so much for that. I did create a few fields but now I need to know how to delete the fields that were already on the Lead Generation Page.

Also, How can I delete my address text from the bottom of the forms and landing page? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @WillieT23 ,

If you're needing to remove existing fields from your landing page, you can just un-checkmark those options under the Contact fields sidebar, when editing the form. If you're needing to wholly delete a custom field from your account, you can do so through My Account > Advanced Settings > Custom fields.

Physical address information is required legally and by Compliance, therefore your account's physical address that appears at the bottom of emails by default will also display in form footers by default.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
WillieT23
Rookie
0 Votes

Can I at least change the way the address display? For example, I might prefer it to display as 1 line instead of 2 or 3 lines.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

At this time, any forms created directly through our system will have the same default footer setups. Some elements for coded forms (inline and pop-up forms) may adopt certain elements from your website's coding, such as font type and coloring. Landing page forms' footers will utilize whatever coloring choices you make while editing the form, but otherwise can't be edited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
WillieT23
Rookie
0 Votes

Understood. Thanks so much.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST