We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

How are you getting around the loss of the "notes " feature in the new update?

PeteW5

How are you getting around the loss of the "notes " feature in the new update?

7 REPLIES 7
William_D

Hello @PeteW5 ,

The notes data you already had for your contacts is still attached to them in our back end system. With that said, the lack of use is one of predominant reasons our engineers haven't added it in the redesign. They are still tracking people's mentions of it, so I'll track the feature request we do have for your account. 

With that said, if you're wanting your notes available in the redesign beta, you'll want to export all your contacts and all information associated with them. Then you can re-import them into a generic, newly-made list they can all be dumped into that won't disrupt the other list memberships. You're only exporting and re-importing all these contacts to make sure their information gets updated accordingly without having to go list-by-list. On the screen for selecting contact fields, you can set the notes back as a custom field.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I am just noticing that the notes are gone and my company is a longtime Constant Contact customer.  PLEASE put the notes section back in!  Without them, we have no way of making entries of interactions with customers!!  We may have to switch to another email marketing service that has a notes feature.

John Poole

Corinth Films

PeteW5

This is a totally unacceptable solution from my perspective.  I did a test as you recommended and exactly what I thought would happen happened.  My business used "notes" to keep track of important customer contacts.  So we had multiple notes for many customers. When I try to import these notes to a custom field i get only the first few hundred characters of the first note and that is all.  Completely useless for my business!!!!

Hello @PeteW5,

Thank you for your feedback and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I will get this submitted over to our engineers for review and you will ne notified with any updates made. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

AGREE AGREE AGREE!!!!!

DavidC154
Occasional Participant

How do I access the notes that I have previously entered? This was a critical component of our Constant Contact use. I am so disappointed in the decision to remove this feature.

William_D

Hello @PeteW5 ,

The notes are still in our backend system. If you download your contacts and then reupload them, you can include the notes as a custom field.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.