How can I add headline/heading text to email body?

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

How can I add headline/heading text to email body?

In the 3rd Gen editor, there's an option to choose the color for headlines, but the only headlines are ones that exist in whichever template I've chosen. There's no option to insert my own headlines in the body of an email.

I can add a text block and then manually increase the text size or weight, and change the color. But if I have multiple headlines in a single email, I have to modify them individually. That's a pain, especially if I decide to change colors during the design process.

Even if there was an option in the text editor to change from a paragraph (<p>) to a heading (<h2>, <h3>, etc), that would make it much simpler!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: How can I add headline/heading text to email body?

Hello @dpruth001,

Headlines are part of the Layouts, located at the bottom of the build tab to the left of the email during editing. These are drag and droppable and if you choose the one on the right (Showing a green shading) it will bring in the Headline with the default color in the background.

Timothy_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Retail

there is no option to drag and drop headlines in the build mode

Highlighted

Hello @TheresaR30 ,

When you mouse over an unclicked block, you should see three gray squares in the top-right corner. The one that looks like a little intersection or compass rose is what you can use to drag your headline blocks around, if they're already in the email.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured