How can I post a Video to Instagram?

SOLVED
Go to solution
CarlaS260
Rookie
0 Votes

Whenever I upload a video to Vimeo and try to make a social media post with it to Instagram, it just posts the Vimeo Link. I want to post to Instagram as a video post.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CarlaS260 ,

With how Instagram functions, you have to actually upload the video to the platform. Due to that functionality, it wouldn't be possible to link to a Vimeo video in the same way that you could with another platform such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter. 

Generally speaking, videos will be uploaded to Instagram as either Reels or Live Session recording. For additional information and guidance on uploading and managing videos on Insta, I'd advise reaching out to their support.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CarlaS260 ,

With how Instagram functions, you have to actually upload the video to the platform. Due to that functionality, it wouldn't be possible to link to a Vimeo video in the same way that you could with another platform such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter. 

Generally speaking, videos will be uploaded to Instagram as either Reels or Live Session recording. For additional information and guidance on uploading and managing videos on Insta, I'd advise reaching out to their support.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST