How do I insert a PDF into my email?

PegB594
Rookie
0 Votes

I want to include an image of a PDF file in my campaign. How can I accomplish this?

7 REPLIES 7
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PegB594. There are a few different ways to insert a PDF into your email. If you are using our Third-Generation editor, you can use our Import PDF to Email feature which will create an image from the first page of your PDF and include a link for your contacts to download the PDF. If you only wanted a link to your PDF, check out this article that will walk you through how to easily upload and create a link to it.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
DianneM211
Rookie

So, the only way to insert a PDF into the email is with a link?  There's no way to add the entire PDF? If a link is the only option, would Constant Contact track how many people opened the link?

Adrienne_B
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @DianneM211

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. If you are wanting customers to be able to open the PDF, the best way is through the link. Yes, Constant Contact will track who clicks on this link. You will be able to see it as a click in the reporting information. If you are looking for the PDF to display as the email content and you are using our Third Generation Editor you can use the Import PDF to Email option to make that happen. Please let us know if you need anything else!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
LauraC645
Rookie

Hey Adrienne,

I've tried to place my PDF into my email 2 different ways:  1) the Third-Generation editor 2) by converting my PDF to an image within the creation tool. Both times, I sent through the PDF and it looked great.

The problem is that the PDF has several links within, so that a customer can read the email and go to different parts of our website easily. These links work really well within the PDF, as I use it, but once I convert it to be within the email, the links are all lost. Is there a way for me to place this PDF within the email (as the body), and still have functional links?

Aaron

Amber_L
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @LauraC645,

That's a great question! When a PDF is turned into a solid image to be inserted into the body of the email, it can only be linked to one thing, which means that you will lose all of those links. Inserting a direct link to your PDF within the body of your email is the only way to maintain your other links, at this time. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. 

Amber_L

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
District-13-Toastmasters
Rookie
0 Votes

I want to be able to "attach"  a PDF to my constant contact email the same as I would with any other email. This seems like an obvious shortcoming on the part of constant contact. I have wanted to do this many many times through the years and have always worked around the CC shortcomings. But this instance is critical. Seems like I will have to resort to hand emailing to 200 members unless you have other suggestions (it's a 20-page PDF). WOW!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If the file is going to be over 5mb, then you may be able to host it in another cloud and just link to it in an email you create through us. This should still allow your contacts to easily download it, depending on the cloud service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST