How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Occasional Participant

How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...

How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...Uploading a file in the library just gives me a link.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Updated: September 2017

With our new editor you have the option to turn your PDF to an email with just a few steps.

When you create an Email campaign from an imported PDF:

• An image of the PDF is added to the template. The image of your PDF can be treated just like any other image and can be resized or turned into a clickable image.
  •  A button linking to your PDF is included so your contacts can easily download it.
  • The template is automatically branded with the main color used in your PDF.

Once the template is created, you have full control to add more text content and further customize your branding. Keep in mind that sending an image-only email increases the likelihood you'll end up in the spam folder; make sure your Email campaign has a good image-to-text ratio by using headlines and adding text elements from the Build tab.

1.     From the Home or Campaigns tab, click Create.
Create2.    Click Email
Create email3.    In the top right corner Click "Import PDF to email".

Import PDF

1.    Choose a file to import by dragging and dropping the PDF file or browsing your computer

Add a brief description for your PDF. (Optional) Change the name of your PDF.

Click Continue.

1.  Edit the content of your email and click Continue when you're ready to send it to your contacts. (Optional) Edit the text of the Download button. Be sure to preview and test your email before you send it out

Here is a link to the FAQ.

If you do not have our new editor and are still using 2GE we have options for you as well.

While you cannot insert the PDF file directly into your email, the Library allows you to upload PDF documents that you can link to from within your emails.

To link to a PDF while editing an email in 2GE:

1. In your email draft, click the Edit icon for the block where you want to include the link.
  2. Place your cursor where you want the link to appear.
  3. Click the Document button in the Insert section on the left toolbar.
  4. On the Select Document screen that displays, click Upload a new document.
  5. On the Upload, a new document box, click the Browse button to search for your PDF file.
  6. Select your file and click Open.
  7. Click Upload. Your PDF file will appear in the Document Library.
  8. Click the button for the file you wish to add to your email.
  9. In the link text field, enter the text that will appear as the hyperlink for your document.
  10. Click Insert Document Link. The hyperlink appears in your email.

Another option would be to convert the pdf to an image file and insert it as the converted image.  This option is viable with both editors.

When uploading a PDF into the Library you have an option to also create a PNG image of the first page of that PDF. The image can then be inserted into your email campaign.

1.    Click Library.
  2.    Click the Upload To Library button and select My Computer.
  3.  From the Upload To Library overlay, you can either drag and drop your PDF or browse your computer to find the PDF you want to convert.

4.  Once you put the file in place your cursor over the PDF's thumbnail and click Create an Image.
Create a Image
5.  Click Confirm to create the image. The image file is automatically added to the Library and won't be seen on the Upload To Library overlay.

Create an image6.     Click Upload Files to finish uploading your PDF to the Library.
Upload file

1.    Click Done.  Now both the PDF and the PNG image are saved to the Library with the same name, but you can always edit the image information and change the name.

You can now use that PNG as an image in your email campaigns.

FAQ: Create an Image From a PDF While Uploading to the Library

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

View solution in original post

136 REPLIES 136

Constant Contact does not support attachements of any kind. You can put in a link to a pdf, the pdf can be hosted by Constant Contact or you can host it yourself.

Is there a way to insert a PDF into the body of the email -- not as an attachment but as the body of the email message? I have some great flyers with nice graphics that I simply want to transmit to others.
Occasional Participant

Hi there

I just want to insert a 4MB powerpoint presentation pdf into a simple thankyou email to a group of my contacts. What is the best way to do this?

With the MyLibrary Plus you can upload .pdf files and then insert them into your emails just like images or links. I use that feature all the time

You can also upload your presentation to any of several online file services and then link to that location within your email. Then you don't need MyLibrary Plus. One of those services is www.SlideShare.net.
MURCON (Murphy Consulting, Inc.)
866-4-MURCON
murcon@murcon.com

Can you help me to figure out how to upload pdf files into my newsletters?

Thanks.

Newsletter Writer in waiting

The PDF file type is not a supported "graphic" file type for the web. They will need to be converted to either PNG, GIF or JPG. You will need a program that converts these files types and more than likely get familiar with some basic graphic editing. Do an Google search on PDF to PNG OR PDF to JPG converter. Regards, Tony

Snagit captures images and saves them as JPG. Works very well for me: www.techsmith.com/snagit/

I drop them into publisher and save them in whatever format I need. Works great!

Occasional Participant

I have an advertisement I took out for a Grand Opening. I want to use that PDF file AS my next E-mail for my e-mail campaign.
How do I upload that?

Thanks
Pteacher

I am wondering if it's possible to link a newsletter to a pdf document.  When people opt in to my site I give them a free ebook. Up until now I have just used a standard email with an attachment, but I'm thinking that sending them a CC newsletter type document complete with my branding would look far more professional looking. 

Many thanks and regards,
Catherine Eagleson
www.crosswordsforfun.com.au

Sure. Just insert a link to the pdf document.

To add a little on to what Pro said. Modify your welcome email to include the link to your eBook. This way when your new subscriber signs up and gets the welcome email you will already be serving him the link to your PDF with no additional action on your part required.

Thanks very much for your assistance. I have now done this, and as a result the process is much more streamlined.

Super !!!

Occasional Participant

How do I add pdf to email

You can host the pdf on a web site and put a link in your email to the pdf on the web site. You cannot attach it to a Constant Contact email. That is not a feature of Constant Contact.

As of our latest software release (7/19/2010) you can upload a PDF file from within the email editor and insert it into your email. While editing a block, look for the Document icon (next to the image icon on the left side of the editor). You can store and share up to 5 documents for free or you can purchase MyLibrary Plus to increase your total storage to 50 MB of documents and images.

Where do you paste the address?

Updated: September 2017

With our new editor you have the option to turn your PDF to an email with just a few steps.

When you create an Email campaign from an imported PDF:

• An image of the PDF is added to the template. The image of your PDF can be treated just like any other image and can be resized or turned into a clickable image.
  •  A button linking to your PDF is included so your contacts can easily download it.
  • The template is automatically branded with the main color used in your PDF.

Once the template is created, you have full control to add more text content and further customize your branding. Keep in mind that sending an image-only email increases the likelihood you'll end up in the spam folder; make sure your Email campaign has a good image-to-text ratio by using headlines and adding text elements from the Build tab.

1.     From the Home or Campaigns tab, click Create.
Create2.    Click Email
Create email3.    In the top right corner Click "Import PDF to email".

Import PDF

1.    Choose a file to import by dragging and dropping the PDF file or browsing your computer

Add a brief description for your PDF. (Optional) Change the name of your PDF.

Click Continue.

1.  Edit the content of your email and click Continue when you're ready to send it to your contacts. (Optional) Edit the text of the Download button. Be sure to preview and test your email before you send it out

Here is a link to the FAQ.

If you do not have our new editor and are still using 2GE we have options for you as well.

While you cannot insert the PDF file directly into your email, the Library allows you to upload PDF documents that you can link to from within your emails.

To link to a PDF while editing an email in 2GE:

1. In your email draft, click the Edit icon for the block where you want to include the link.
  2. Place your cursor where you want the link to appear.
  3. Click the Document button in the Insert section on the left toolbar.
  4. On the Select Document screen that displays, click Upload a new document.
  5. On the Upload, a new document box, click the Browse button to search for your PDF file.
  6. Select your file and click Open.
  7. Click Upload. Your PDF file will appear in the Document Library.
  8. Click the button for the file you wish to add to your email.
  9. In the link text field, enter the text that will appear as the hyperlink for your document.
  10. Click Insert Document Link. The hyperlink appears in your email.

Another option would be to convert the pdf to an image file and insert it as the converted image.  This option is viable with both editors.

When uploading a PDF into the Library you have an option to also create a PNG image of the first page of that PDF. The image can then be inserted into your email campaign.

1.    Click Library.
  2.    Click the Upload To Library button and select My Computer.
  3.  From the Upload To Library overlay, you can either drag and drop your PDF or browse your computer to find the PDF you want to convert.

4.  Once you put the file in place your cursor over the PDF's thumbnail and click Create an Image.
Create a Image
5.  Click Confirm to create the image. The image file is automatically added to the Library and won't be seen on the Upload To Library overlay.

Create an image6.     Click Upload Files to finish uploading your PDF to the Library.
Upload file

1.    Click Done.  Now both the PDF and the PNG image are saved to the Library with the same name, but you can always edit the image information and change the name.

You can now use that PNG as an image in your email campaigns.

FAQ: Create an Image From a PDF While Uploading to the Library

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

View solution in original post

I'm able to upload my pdf just fine but when I open it, it looks a bit different from my original PDF. The effects are not showing. For instance, the background fades navy blue to a lighter blue in the middle and only showing one solid color when it's uploaded. Also, the color of the pdf and the text is way lighter than my original document. Any suggestions?