How do I Show who unsubscribed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Frequent Participant

How do I Show who unsubscribed

I upload an updated version of my contact list once amonth. I get a message that tells me 25 people have "Unsubscribed". I would like to remove those folks from my list. How can I see who they are?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Timothy,

Once a contact has unsubscribed Constant Contact removes them from your list automatically. You can view a list of these people by clicking "Unsubscribed" on the left. You can't mail to these people again but they show here as a reference!

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Timothy,

Once a contact has unsubscribed Constant Contact removes them from your list automatically. You can view a list of these people by clicking "Unsubscribed" on the left. You can't mail to these people again but they show here as a reference!

Thanks,

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

Like the first commenter, I too need to see who has already unsubscribed when uploading a list.  Just seeing the list of all unsubscribed addresses doesn't help me.  I need the feature we used to have that enabled us to see the details of the activity, not just a number of unsubscribes.

Thank you for sharing this feedback!

Hannah M.

Frequent Participant

I have the same problem. I used to be able to export this list.

Here's what I do.
Once a month I upload our contacts from my database.

I then get a reply saying 80 have unsubscribed.
I used to be able to export that list of those 80 people and could then update my own database.

Now all I can do is continue to 'try' and upload these contacts every month which as time goes by is just going to get longer.

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this topic.  There is a process that you can use to show you who the specific contacts are that are unsubscribed.  It involves using tags, as contacts that are unsubscribed can have a tag, but cannot be added to a list.  

Here are the steps: 

1. When adding in your file of contacts, on the page where you select the List to add your contacts to, also choose to add a tag to your contacts.  (this is going to be a temporary tag, so you can name it anything you want and delete it later).
  2. Once your file has been uploaded, go to the list that you added your contacts to.  Click to select everyone within the list.  
  3. Click the button at the top to "Manage Tags"
    2014-05-06_1139.png
  4. In the Manage Tags window, you should see a check mark or dash next to the tag you created when you uploaded your contacts.  You want to click in the box next to the tag so that it is a blank box.  (What you are doing in this step is removing any contacts that were added to the list from the tag).  
  5. Once the process is complete (depending on the number of contacts this can take a few minutes) the contacts left in the tag are your unsubscribed contacts that were within your list. 

The process does take a few steps, so if you have any questions on it please let us know and we can try to clarify/help you further.  

Hope this helps!

glad you have made it more complicated.

my unsubscribed list does not show anymore since you changed format

Hello @DANEMERSON ,

You can view different list statuses for contacts in the Contacts sub-tab of the Redesign Beta. Go to the main Contacts tab in the navigation bar > Contacts > All List Statuses > Unsubscribed.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.