How do I add padding to text blocks?

AnneM56
Marketing Expert

Please tell me how to add left and right padding to text blocks. If not padding, then left/right margins would work. I need to get the type moved in a bit. Is this possible?

Also, looking through old community content, your team suggested adding the padding via the HTML button. But I do not see the button. Looking through MORE posts, I found one that said the HTML button has been removed. 

We'd really like this back. There are multiple reasons to use it. I'm at a loss here.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Amber_L
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AnneM56 ,

Thank you for reaching out about adding padding to the sides of your text. While you are not able to add left and right padding around your text, I am more than happy to pass along your feedback to our engineers so that they can notify you when/if that functionality is added! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AnneM56
Marketing Expert

That's very disappointing. Is there any way to resize a text box perhaps?

I saw you used to be able to edit HTML (which I am versed in). Please bring that back. I must say, you are one of the only extremely popular services that does NOT allow a user to edit HTML. 

Also, thank you for your quick reply!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AnneM56 ,

If you're well-versed in HTML, you may wish to use the custom code editor, as it will allow more control over certain elements of your email builds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
SaraK037
Campaign Collaborator

I have to agree with the original post. I have used Constant Contact for several years setting up unique email designs for my co-workers who then can go in and add content freely. The custom code editor is not an easy solution for this process especially if they are not familiar with HTML. 

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SaraK037,

We do appreciate your feedback and will be sure to submit it over to our engineers for review. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AHMP
Brand Visionary

Any update on this? Apparently the two options are: take the arbitrary padding we provide, or code the entire email yourself from scratch. I've used other email platforms that have really simple to use options for adjusting padding on an element. It's mind-boggling to me that something as fundamental as this would not be available to users. It's so basic that I am convinced I'm just missing something?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @AHMP. Padding can only be added at the top and bottom of the text block. We have a feature request open for allowing adjustable padding for image and text blocks and encourage you to comment on that post to receive further updates as we will not be commenting here.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
user417453
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi there

Has there been any update to this? I find it incredibly strange that it is not an option in CC to add left and right padding.

Thanks,

Joanne

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST