How do I adjust padding/margin on image & text blocks?

SOLVED
Go to solution
AHMP
Brand Visionary

Editor is very rudimentary & limited in formatting options for blocks. I have a text blocks with different padding so the text doesn't align at the left. Once block as extra padding for some reason & there's nowhere for me to adjust it. This page  describes a mystery feature that provides padding options for images, but that those buttons aren't available to me in the editing toolbar. Am I missing something, or is this just bad interface design?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @AHMP , 

I do apologize for the confusion! Padding on text blocks can be adjusted by adding a spacer block above and below the text block. If you have a text block that has extra padding on either side, you are likely using a feature article block, at which point your best option would be to drag in a regular text block (first option on the left hand side underneath "Build") and paste the text in there instead. 

When I look at your newsletter, I am seeing the image padding option on all of the images inserted into your newsletter. You are using the third-generation editor, so it may be a bit different than the article you were viewing for the cross-platform editor. You should be able to hover your mouse over the image in question, and there will be a checkbox at the bottom right hand side of the image. The box should be able to be checked, or unchecked depending on whether you wanted to add or remove padding. 

If you need further assistance finding these features, I recommend giving our support team a call at 866-289-2101 for some live, 1:1 assistance. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @AHMP , 

I do apologize for the confusion! Padding on text blocks can be adjusted by adding a spacer block above and below the text block. If you have a text block that has extra padding on either side, you are likely using a feature article block, at which point your best option would be to drag in a regular text block (first option on the left hand side underneath "Build") and paste the text in there instead. 

When I look at your newsletter, I am seeing the image padding option on all of the images inserted into your newsletter. You are using the third-generation editor, so it may be a bit different than the article you were viewing for the cross-platform editor. You should be able to hover your mouse over the image in question, and there will be a checkbox at the bottom right hand side of the image. The box should be able to be checked, or unchecked depending on whether you wanted to add or remove padding. 

If you need further assistance finding these features, I recommend giving our support team a call at 866-289-2101 for some live, 1:1 assistance. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AHMP
Brand Visionary

This is nuts. It's like you sold me a car where I can turn the radio on and off, but can't adjust the volume.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AHMP,

To make sure you can see exactly where these editing options are you may want to give us a call so we can share a screen with you and walk you through the steps. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST