How do I begin an email with "Dear..." so that each person's first name appears in the salutation?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

How do I begin an email with "Dear..." so that each person's first name appears in the salutation?

I know there's a way to do this without typing each person's name and then sending the mail out...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Updated March 2020

Hello @KenyonL8 , 

This is possible! You can add a personalized greeting into your campaign and it will bring in the first name of the contact, should a name be associated with the contact on file.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Employee

Updated March 2020

Hello @KenyonL8 , 

This is possible! You can add a personalized greeting into your campaign and it will bring in the first name of the contact, should a name be associated with the contact on file.

View solution in original post

Hi Samantha

Does that stage have to be done with every single campaign or can it be set up as a default, please? 

Many thanks!

Hi @TraceyR56

Great question, if you copy the campaign the greeting will also copy over but if you start with a brand new template you would need to re-add this. Please note, some templates have a greeting by default (that you can remove if you want) so you wouldn't need to add it here. 

At this time the setting can't be saved in your account but this is a good idea for the future!

Thanks again, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Health Practitioners & Centers

Things seem to have changed, how is this done in the 2020 version? 

Hello @Adrianne,

Yes, these instructions are for using our Legacy Email templates.  If you're in our newer editor, you would want to follow the instructions found here.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.