The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

How do I send a campaign to a list AND to a single contact simultaneously?

Highlighted

How do I send a campaign to a list AND to a single contact simultaneously?

I create campaigns on behalf of others.  When I send "from" someone, I include their supervisor in the recipients.  At least I have in previous bulk email tools that I've used.

I need to be able to send to a list and to a single contact AT THE SAME TIME.  I can't imagine that I need to create a list containing one person.

How do I achieve this?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: How do I send a campaign to a list AND to a single contact simultaneously?

Hello @JackieM277 ,

There are a few ways to go about this. The easiest would be to simply include the supervisor in all the lists. The next easiest, if the supervisor needs to be kept separate since they don't need to be sent a copy of everything, would be to make a list with a single contact.

If you're going to be working with several different companies, you could make a supervisor list, and then tag them based on what company they're with, so you can narrow by tag on some sendouts. However this may create more work since narrowing by tag would also affect the primary list of contacts for the company.

At this time, there isn't a way to include/exclude single contacts when scheduling an email. I did go ahead and submit your feedback as a feature request to the engineers for further review, so if and when there is an update to this request they'll notify you.

Overall the easiest methods at this time would be to either give the respective supervisor(s) their own list, or to include them as normal contacts in said lists, depending on if they need a copy of every single sendout.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured