The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

How do I turn off engagement button so emails don't get caught in our external security system

Highlighted

How do I turn off engagement button so emails don't get caught in our external security system

Because of the Constant Contact URL system, our organization's email security system (Mimecast) "catches" the majority of emails so they don't make it to our users. Is there a setting that would "turn off" the URL rewrite feature to whitelist our emails and avoid emails getting caught via Mimecast? We understand this would limit our tracking, which isn't optimal by any means. But as long as we can get an open rate (and click rate, ideally),that would suffice. We'd rather have less analytics to comb through if it means more users receive the email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Hannah Nesich

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How do I turn off engagement button so emails don't get caught in our external security system

Hello @KayB26 ,

I'd recommend checking out some of our whitelisting articles, to help ensure your system isn't erroneously filtering out internal emails sent through us.

Whitelist email addresses

Whistelist domains

If you continue to run into issues after whitelisting, you may wish to reach out to our Deliverability for some more advanced assistance and insight.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted

Re: How do I turn off engagement button so emails don't get caught in our external security system

Thank you for your response. Here is another way to ask this - does Constant Contact allow you to disable link tracking?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hey @KayB26 ,

There isn't really a way to turn off link tracking in our current email editor. I got your information and request submitted to our engineers to look into.

Obviously delivery of your emails is paramount, and we want to make sure our systems can work together to ensure those deliveries. You may still wish to take a look at those whitelisting articles I provided earlier, or potentially call into Deliverability to see if they have any specific advice for your organization. 

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured