How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

I'm trying to add html code to an email to insert a Facebook "Like" button.  This is different than a button with a simple link to your facebook page.  I inserted a new promotion block and used the html viewer to insert the code.  Unfortunately, nothing appeared.  Is there a solution to this posted online?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Marketing Advisor

Adding a Facebook button to your email is a great way to drive social media traffic.  The process is a little different depending on the editor so I will include both instructions below.  

2GE :  The first step will be copying the URL for your social media profile that you want to use, Facebook in this case.

Place your cursor where you want the social media icon to appear and click Social.
Place your cursor over your social media platform and click the plus button.
Note: If your social media platform isn't listed, you can manually add an image of the logo as a clickable link. Select your image. Follow the instructions under the Link field to copy and paste the link for your unique social media page. Click Insert.Click Save to continue editing your campaign email.

3GE: The first step will be copying the URL for your social media profile that you want to use, Facebook in this case.

Go to the left side of the screen under the “Build” tab and you will see “Social”.

Once the icons are added, click any of the icons to open the editor and click “Edit”.

Paste the URL into the field next to the Facebook social media icon and click the chain icon to test the link.

Click Insert to continue editing your template.  See this article for more information:

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/6233-insert-social-media-icons-in-t...

View solution in original post

142 REPLIES 142

Open Easy, Close Tight: Latches, Handles, Window Cranks for Your Impala! 

*Image has been removed*  See below.

I attempted to attach my clients newsletter to show you how I insert the social media banner but it seems as though your HTML parsar doesn't like the code.

Sorry.  Feel free to delete it if you have to .

Hey Tony,

Do you happen to have the archive link or the link used when sharing on Social Media?  If you do, you can post that in here and then the users can click on it to view the email.

Thanks!

Here is a better example of what I use.

bobsnl.gif

Participant

Hi

I would like to add Like Facebook button for our page in the email. The Facebook buttons allow only to put url not like.

Like is actually <iframe> which can be generated on facebook. But if I put it anywhere in template its not being saved.

I can only do it in custom email. Do you know the way to keep <iframe> within template or download whole template and upload it later as custom email?

Thanks

Participant

To put a like box on you web page is a fairly easy task. I'm having a problem putting into a constant contact mailing. It's html script which I've tried to add to an article block, etc. without luck

Hi,

It sounds like the code is being rejected. We have a feature which will allow you to add a Like button to the top of your email. To add it, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Email Marketing tab.
  2. Click on the name of the email draft that you wish to add the button to.
  3. In the Email Details section, select a list.
  4. Click Save.
  5. Click "Schedule Email".
  6. Select the date/time you wish to send the email.

Note
    : You may also leave the email in Draft status if you want to finish scheduling it later.
  7. Under Tweet and Share, check the box next to Social Share. 

share bar

8. Click Save.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Participant

Hi,

I just want to add the following to the top of my email, buttons that make it easy for people to click on social media links:

[Facebook Like button]    [Twitter]   [Google Plus]

I have an account to AddThis, but can I just use their code add paste it to the top of my email?  Does that work?  Or do I need to use Constant Contacts buttons. Also when people click are they liking my site or constant contacts? 

So my question, can I use AddThis buttons  or do I use Constant Contact .. ??

Thanks,

JC

Hi Mitsuo,

Welcome to the Community!

You would not be able to add that code to the header of the email, but it may be possible to add it into a block. To do so, click the HTML button on the top right while editing your block. Delete the block's code and paste in the code for the social media sites. Click Update and try to save the block.

When a contact clicks your Like button, that adds a link to your email onto that contact's profile. It does not like your page. You could add a link to your Facebook page in your email which would allow your contacts to Like your page.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Regular Participant

Hi,

I tried to add the Addthis code to my HTML block and it shows a blank.. or doesn't display.

I noticed on other constant contact emails there are social media buttons, how do they do it?? Are they using constant contacts ???

Is there an easy step by step guide to this.. I just can't figure it out.

I just want   "FACEBOOK LIKE BUTTON" & "TWITTER BUTTON"  ... if we can get other options that would be nice but not necessary.

Thanks!

JC

Hi,

We do have a built in Social Share bar you can add to your email by following these steps:

2. Click on the name of the email draft that you wish to add the button to.
  3. In the Email Details section, select a list.
  4. Click Save.
  5. Click "Schedule Email".
  6. Select the date/time you wish to send the email.

Note
    : You may also leave the email in Draft status if you want to finish scheduling it later.
  7. Under Tweet and Share, check the box next to Social Share

share bar
  8. Click Save.

You can also Social Media links to the body of your email by following these steps:

2. To the left of the desired email name link, click the Edit icon Edit .
  3. Find the block where the link will go.
  4. Click the Edit icon Edit .
  5. Position your cursor where you want the icon to appear.
  6. Under Social Media Links on the left side of the screen, click on the social media icon that you want to insert. Social Media
  7. In the window that appears, choose the image you wish to use from the available choices.
  8. Follow the instructions under the Link box within the window to get the unique social media link.
  9. Click Insert.
  10. On the block, click the Save icon Save .

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

Regular Participant

When I look under TWEET and SHARE,

It only shows Twitter icon, no Facebook, Share, etc..

When I click to ADD, it launches a window for Twitter...

Is there an area where I can define this Social Media Bar?

JC

Hi,

You can include Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Like  buttons to the top of your email when you schedule the email. To do so, check mark this box when selecting a date and time to send your email:

Tweet and Share.JPG

Jarrad

Regular Participant

This is what my area looks like.  I have no social media bar of buttons.... just twitter.  Is there another area I define my social medial urls.. etc..

I don't have facebook, ...

constantcontact.jpg

Hi Mitsuo,

I apologize for the confusion.  You are using your own Custom HTML code for your email and therefore you do not have the same easy button to select when scheduling your email.  

Ok this makes more sense now.. Let me read through this and try a few tests.. will let you know.

Thank you!!

You're welcome!  That sounds great! Just let me know!

Occasional Participant

Hi,

I am looking to create a "Share" button that has our Facebook and Twitter accounts on top of it, but where both of them are clickable to our pages.

I'd also like for when a user clicks our Facebook button on our email, it will give them an option to auto-post to Facebook. Is this an option?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Chelsey Laborde

Hi Pat,

When you are creating your email, we have on the left Social Media Links that you can insert into your email that will take your contacts to your Facebook and Twitter pages.  It is on the left when you are editing a block and looks like the following image:

social media links.png

You can also choose to include our Social Share bar in your email. This will appear at the top of your sent email and will give your contacts the ability to share your email on their Social Networks, including Facebook.

When you are scheduling your email, you want to choose under Tweet and Share the option that says "Make it social! Add share links to the top of your email."

tweet and share.png

Then they can choose what text they want to post to their Facebook.

I hope that helps!

Occasional Participant

Marissa,

Yes, that does help, but we were hoption to include this button: share_now.png

And would like the Facebook and Twitter icons to be clickable. I tried to spit the image so that I could like each to a different site, but Constant Contact leaves a huge space between each. Is there any other way I can do this?

Thanks so much,

Chelsey

Hi,

You could use what are called image maps to make the two sections of the image clickable. This requires some knowledge of HTML coding. For assistance with this, check out www.w3schools.com.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad