How many Apple devices receive open our emails?

SOLVED
Go to solution
HSACC
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

In the past, we were able to see reporting on which devices and operating systems our emails were viewed on. I don't find that now - is it no longer available?

I think this would be important to know in light of the recently disclosed info that Apple devices no longer allow tracking, and the reports now falsely show that every Apple device opens our emails. That gives us an unrealistically high open rate - for me about 10 percentage points higher than in the past. 

If this reporting has been phased out, I think it would be good to add it back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HSACC ,

We're able to report if an email is opened on mobile versus desktop, shown on your email's Reporting subtab of its overall reporting page after sending. Beyond that we don't report on the exact email apps or operating systems / devices (e.g. Mac vs PC, Android vs iPhone) that a contact uses. Do you have any previous examples of us providing such reporting to you?

Some third party sources may have reporting on overall devices and apps used on a yearly basis, such as this one mentioned in our blog post on common display issues.

See also:

Open rate for emails

How opens are calculated

Apple's privacy updates and how they affect opens

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HSACC ,

We're able to report if an email is opened on mobile versus desktop, shown on your email's Reporting subtab of its overall reporting page after sending. Beyond that we don't report on the exact email apps or operating systems / devices (e.g. Mac vs PC, Android vs iPhone) that a contact uses. Do you have any previous examples of us providing such reporting to you?

Some third party sources may have reporting on overall devices and apps used on a yearly basis, such as this one mentioned in our blog post on common display issues.

See also:

Open rate for emails

How opens are calculated

Apple's privacy updates and how they affect opens

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST