How to add a collaborator who is already a Constant Contact customer

SOLVED
Go to solution
Melissa_Mular
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I want to add an existing user of Constant Contact to be a Collaborator to help develop newsletters.  I can't add their email address as I receive an error that the user already exists and to select another email address.  This seems very prohibitive. 

How can I add a person as a Collaborator via the Manage then Add Users that already has a Constant Contact account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JulieP436 ,

Every account login - regardless of permission level - needs a unique username to login. When you're added as a new user on an account, the email address used to add you is the default username of that new login. Therefore, if you plan to be on multiple accounts, you'd need to change your username to something unique after being logging in the first time.

If you need further assistance with updating an older / unused account's username to something other than your email address, I'd advise calling general support to provide the email address in question, confirm security permissions live, and work with the agent to administratively update that other username.

---

If you're working through a partner / affiliate setup, you should be able to have that level of management / access over all your child accounts, depending on your setup. If you're a partner and need further assistance with this, I'd advise reaching out to Partner support via the provided email address or phone number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @Melissa_Mular. If an email address is already being used as part of a Constant Contact account, they are unable to have another account created using the same email address. This prevents issues when using the 'Forgot Username' feature and other login issues that may occur. Every user needs to have a unique email address.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
JulieP436
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi, I have a similar issue. I'm a web designer and I help multiple clients with things like adding and testing CC forms to their websites. If more than one of them wants to add me as a collaborator on their account, do I have to have a separate email address for every client to use? I don't understand why the "forgot" login thing is an issue. I should have my own CC login under my email address, and then access to whatever accounts have added me as a collaborator. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JulieP436 ,

Every account login - regardless of permission level - needs a unique username to login. When you're added as a new user on an account, the email address used to add you is the default username of that new login. Therefore, if you plan to be on multiple accounts, you'd need to change your username to something unique after being logging in the first time.

If you need further assistance with updating an older / unused account's username to something other than your email address, I'd advise calling general support to provide the email address in question, confirm security permissions live, and work with the agent to administratively update that other username.

---

If you're working through a partner / affiliate setup, you should be able to have that level of management / access over all your child accounts, depending on your setup. If you're a partner and need further assistance with this, I'd advise reaching out to Partner support via the provided email address or phone number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST