How to add custom field data to multiple contacts

SOLVED
Go to solution
RobertF208
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I have a custom field "Last year joined" for my club membership contact list. I would like a way to update that data for all of the members who have recently rejoined. Do I have to go into each individual member to update that data field or is there a way to add the updated year info into the custom field in multiple contacts. If there is not a way to update a custom field for multiple selected contacts simultaneously, then I will have to go back use tags instead of custom field since I know I can tag multiple members at once with the same tag.

Any help or comments would be useful. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @RobertF208,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! The quickest way to update current contacts is to import a spreadsheet with all of the updated custom field information in a column with the email addresses. We won't add duplicates but we can update your contact's details this way. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @RobertF208,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! The quickest way to update current contacts is to import a spreadsheet with all of the updated custom field information in a column with the email addresses. We won't add duplicates but we can update your contact's details this way. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
RobertF208
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thanks for your help. I will export, update data in the csv, and then re-import. That way I can see what is already in the field. Do I have to export all the fields I have or just Name, Email, and the field(s) I want to update?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @RobertF208,

That's perfect. You will only need to export the email addresses and the fields you want updated. Thank you! 

Zoe H.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST