How to branch an automated campaign

SOLVED
Go to solution
KristiS4
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hi - we have created a quiz funnel and an automated campaign.

Here is how it works person opts in for the quiz> They are added or tagged> and then they get an automated thanks and results email > And then a marketing automated nurture sequence.

The problem is that some people who are already on the existing list could also take the quiz and we don't want them to get the whole campaign.  

I think the right term is Can CC Automation do a Conditional Split e.g. Send Email #1 > Conditional split (if someone is already on our existing list and has a tag of member then stop the sequence or send them a different email) if they don't meet that condition then send them onto the rest of the emails.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @KristiS4 , 

This is a great question. At this time, we do not have the ability to remove contacts who have already been present in the list for certain Automation triggers without doing it manually. For example, if you are using the "when a contact opens an email" or "when a contact clicks a link" trigger in the Automation platform, the contacts will receive the rest of the emails in the series if they open the email or click on the link, regardless of whether they have been a part of the list previously. 

However, if you are using an automated Welcome email, it will not be sent to anyone who has been in your contacts list previously. Similarly, the Automation trigger "When a contact joins a list" will only send out to the contact the first time they join that specific list. So if they were previously part of that list, they will not receive the series unless you opt for them to. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @KristiS4 , 

This is a great question. At this time, we do not have the ability to remove contacts who have already been present in the list for certain Automation triggers without doing it manually. For example, if you are using the "when a contact opens an email" or "when a contact clicks a link" trigger in the Automation platform, the contacts will receive the rest of the emails in the series if they open the email or click on the link, regardless of whether they have been a part of the list previously. 

However, if you are using an automated Welcome email, it will not be sent to anyone who has been in your contacts list previously. Similarly, the Automation trigger "When a contact joins a list" will only send out to the contact the first time they join that specific list. So if they were previously part of that list, they will not receive the series unless you opt for them to. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST