How to count emails opened from link?

Participant

How to count emails opened from link?

Besides sending emails in a campaign I also post the permanent short URL version on Facebook & in other places - how can I see how many of these are opened or looked at?

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hello @IanB08

Thank you for reaching out about tracking your opens and clicks done through the external link. We actually do not have the ability to collect open and click information outside of when you send emails directly through Constant Contact to your contacts. However, if someone likes or comments on your posts on Social Media, you'll be able to go to that platform and see those interactions!

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

I have been needing this tracking as well, since 90 percent of the emails i have been sending have been going to everyone's junk folder. Even my own! MY email is in the from and it is going to my junk folder as well. This has just started happening. I send 200 emails for our inner-company newsletter (all with the same .com email address) and 98 percent of them land in their junk folder. This is very frustrating, as it takes a long time to do the newsletter and most of our company doesn't get it. So i have been sending the link to them via our "everyone" group email but now have no idea who is getting that. I saw the posts to contact Microsoft, but i don't have time for that and this is really a CC issue. Please make the shortened URL trackable....

Hi @KimS180 we definitely hear your concerns. As much as we would love to share this information in the reporting with you, unfortunately, this is not information given to us by email client servers at this time. We know little to none of where or what folder the emails land in, the information given to our servers from your contact's email servers are if the email successfully landed in their inbox if they opened the email, and if they had clicked on the email. We can also provide bounce reasons to you as that is information given to us by your contacts email servers. 

We are in contact with major email clients, and emails landing in spam is definitely a hot topic. Athis time we can only prevent it from landing in spam, have you taken a look at some of the resources we offer to help prevent your emails from ending up in the spam/junk folder? Here are a few great ones:

I do apologize that this is information we can't obtain for email clients at this moment but it never hurts to take steps to reduce your chances of ending up in the spam folder!

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.