How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

SOLVED
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Re: Is there a way to view contacts who did NOT open my e-mail?

that video link does not work

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @PaganW

That's a great question! I'm sorry you weren't able to access the video but I'm including a link to an article about the Did Not Open Report and how to find it, as well as some great information on managing and engaging with the contacts on your Did Not Open report. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Highlighted

Video - broken link. No help there 

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @GotchaCoveredKnoxville

It's great to see you in the Community! Thank you as well for letting us know about the broken link in our article. I will be sure to pass that on to our knowledge base team. 

To answer your question you can view the contacts that have not opened your emails by accessing the Did Not Open report. Instruction are are listed here

Please feel free to reach back out if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks! 

Alex S. 

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for reaching out to the Community with your feedback and questions on creating a cumulative did not open report! As mentioned in previous responses by other Constant Contact employees, we have recently added a Contacts Segments feature to help with creating a Did Not Open list. This tool allows you to create a list that did not open report of contacts for the last 90 days or over your last 500 campaignsPlease continue to share any further feedback on creating a cumulative did not open reports in our feedback section of the Community.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

It says I have to connect to some shopping thing and we do not use this email campaign manager to make sales. It seems like an overly complicated way to group people who do not open emails. I have noticed a lot of fake emails inserted too that I just delete but we have so many, Isn't there a filter? That would make it so much easier. Maybe I can just get a volunteer to go through everyone...one by one

Highlighted

Hello @WoodieS4 ,

I'm not sure what page you're on where you're being prompted to make a shopping anything, but the Did Not Open report for individual emails or groups of emails can be accessed either by clicking the name of the campaign via the My Campaigns tab, or through the Reporting tab. There you'll see a list of everyone that hasn't opened your email, and can do whatever you need to with that list.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi William, thanks for your reply. I was referring to the comment where it was suggested to use the send in segments option in order to see who hasn't opened emails in six months or more. That's where I was prompted to set up Shopify or something. I will just look at the report for "didn't open" to clean up my database instead. I just figured there would be a way to see that in a report that I wasn't aware of.

Thank you

Highlighted

Hello @WoodieS4 ,

I apologize, I wasn't fully aware of the context in your reply. Regarding the Segmentation tool, the Shopify element is something that can utilized if you do have a Shopify account connected with us, and are using that online store setup. If you're not needing to collect data from one of the segmentation parameters, including the Shopify bit, you can hit the X on the right-hand side to not include it. That way you can still run a Contact Activity segmentation for Did-Not-Opens over a period of time.

William D

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I am an occasional poster so I apologize that I could not find the option to mark this as an "Accepted Solution" - but it is!

Tags (1)
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured