Get a little or give a little? Your choice. But either way you have the chance to win big! Visit the Get Advice board today and join our Get Advice, Give Advice Sweepstakes for a chance to win up to $300!

How to stop video from autoplaying when viewed via campaign URL

ChristinaB58791
Participant

How to stop video from autoplaying when viewed via campaign URL

I have inserted video links with an image into my email campaign.  When received via email they play when clicked on.  When the campaign is shared via the email/campaign URL the links open and play automatically.  How can I stop this?

CEB

2 REPLIES 2
William_D

Hello @ChristinaB58791 ,

Our higher level technical team wants to explore this a bit more to see what is causing all the video blocks to all start playing at the same time. They'll be reaching out to your account's main email address within the next four business days, when they have an update on the case.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thank you for quick reply, William, as well as your troubleshooting/sleuthing.

The first workaround sounds as though it will do the job as all our videos are hosted on Vimeo.  I’ve just completed a test and while I prefer the “play” arrowhead icon, I’ll simply include a ‘click here' message to accommodate our lesser tech savvy subscribers.

Again, thank you for the tech support.  Stay safe.

Christina