How to unlock account after SURBL issue

TommyP1
Occasional Participant

How to unlock account after SURBL issue

My question has to do with unlockiing my ability to send emails after we inadvertently included a link that was flagged by SURBL. Our issue is due on August 1 and it's very important that we understand how to unlock the send feature by then. I tried calling just now, but there was a 30-minute wait.

I had to call this morning for an issue regarding one of the links we included in our August email. Thanksfully, I was able to get through to a representative this morning right away.  I was told that a link we included was flagged by SURBL, and for that reason, we need to either have the owners of the website we linked to clear their URL with SURBL or we need to recreate the newsletter from a previous newsletter that does not include the SURBL link.

I was unable to contact the owner of the URL (very odd, since they have a public phone number).

So it looks like I will need to recreate the entire newsletter, although I will be able to copy the June newsletter. I will still need to make many changes to that newsletter.

Meanwhile, I tried to send a preview copy of the August newsletter to the owner of the company I work for. Constant Contact had even locked that feature.

My fear is that I won't know exactly what to do to unlock this feature and that we won't be able to get the newsletter out on time.

Will it be enough to recreate a new newsletter and then later delete the current August issue?

Will I need to also completely delete the July issue, which included the link before it was flagged?

I appreciate your help on this matter.

I don't want to use the "email when someone replies" feature, because that will go to my boss and it's important that I deal with this myself. So I will check this in a few hours.

Janet

2 REPLIES 2
TommyP1
Occasional Participant

Does anyone from Constant Contact check these?

And why isn't there email support? Why do we need to sit on hold for a half hour when they could simply offer email support? They could actually take longer to reply, but it would be more convenient for the user.

I'm using this as an alternative to email or phone support. I will try calling tomorrow when I have more time to sit on hold, but this is frustrating.

Janet

Hello @TommyP1. I apologize if you've had to experience a wait to reach our Support team and for the longer wait time for a reply from us. It does look like you need to speak with our Account Review team before you are able to send any emails or previews out. Unfortunately, this conversation cannot be handled through a chat, email or through the Community but you can speak with our Account Review team over the phone so they can look into this for you. Here is a link to their numbers and hours

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.