We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

How to unsubscribe from Public/Private lists separately

RalphP611
Participant

How to unsubscribe from Public/Private lists separately

Issue: We have both private and public lists that we need our users to be able to unsubscribe from. We want to keep the private lists private so we cannot list them on the update profile page. If we don't list them there, how do our private users unsubscribe from those private lists?

Is there a way to create multiple 'update profile pages'? If so, how?

3 REPLIES 3
William_D

Hello @RalphP611 ,

How would you intend on keeping the Update Profile form for your private lists actually private? 

The only way I can think of would be making a legacy landing page via the Basic Landing Pages in the sign up form tab. Then you could include that link in emails only sent to those private lists. A little section at the bottom of your constructed email that says something to the effect of "Not wanting to receive these particular emails, bust still want to be subscribed? Click here to update your list preferences."

However, this would still run the risk of them seeing all the other private lists they may not be a part of, or that you may not want them to sign up for (such as lists they have to pay to be a part of). Unless you made a separate update profile form for each individual private list, and ensured that only that was being linked to in the emails you're sending to the respective private lists. 

Ultimately, there's not really going to be a fluid way of having your contacts determine what private lists they do or don't want to be a part of, without them explicitly contacting you about it, or letting those private lists be among the public lists in your update profile form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

How would I make a separate update profile form for each individual private list while ensuring that only that was being linked to in the emails you're sending to the respective private lists? I can't seem to find a way to make multiple update profile forms.

@RalphP611 

It wouldn't actually be an "update profile" form, it'd still be a regular legacy landing page form, but you'd essentially include all of your public lists, and then the 1 specific private list that makes sense with the email you're sending out. So you'd have a separate version of this landing page for each private list.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.