We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

I am having trouble with the templates!!!

TerriH393
Participant

I am having trouble with the templates!!!

This is a new issue and very problematic. When I hit the space bar, the text in the body of my email is deleted. I have to then hit "undo" to get my text back. If I type very very slowly, I can get text to work in the body of the email. But then all of a sudden, it will delete a word. This happens on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. 

9 REPLIES 9
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @TerriH393,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that you are having this experience. What kind of device are you currently working on your Constant Contact emails with? Does this same issue occur when you switch devices? 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
CalvaryComms
Participant

Same problem. It will randomly delete the entire paragraph I am working on when I hit the space bar. Not every time, but about once every three or four sentences.  Undo rarely gets it back unless I'd paused a lot mid-typing.  I've been trying to finish one block for 10 minutes now and it keeps deleting on me. I've been using CC for 6+ years so it's not like I don't know how to type....

Hello @CalvaryComms ,

Are you seeing any error messages pop up, or is the editor exceptionally slow when this issue occurs? Does clearing your browser's cache or using the editor in Private/Incognito mode alleviate the issue at all?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
KathyL374
Regular Participant

Same issue!!  It is very frustrating.  When I type a sentence and hit the space bar, the entire sentence or several sentences disappear.  I can't seem to type more than one or two words without it all disappearing.  Please help!

Hello @KathyL374 ,

Are you seeing any error messages pop up, or is the editor exceptionally slow when this issue occurs? Does clearing your browser's cache or using the editor in Private/Incognito mode alleviate the issue at all?

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
KathyL374
Regular Participant

No errors pop up while I am typing and it is not slow.  It just won't type more than a word or two and then I hit the space bar and it is all gone.  It has popped up a new window a couple times now saying "Oops, having trouble saving".  Then I have to click back into the campaign and everything I was able to get down is gone.  I will try clearing the cache.  I'm no sure how to or what is editing in private/incognito. 

This article may help you with troubleshooting the issue as well.

William D

KathyL374
Regular Participant

Tried private browsing, it didn't work.  Same issue.  I am using Safari at the moment.  Would there be another browser that CC is more compatible with?  I can't get an email drafted this way.  

Depending on how often the issue is occurring for you, I'd recommend calling in to our general support so they can screenshare with you and see the issue as it's happening. 

If you're seeing the issues occur in Safari, try using Edge, Chrome, or Firefox to see if one of those avoids the issue.

William D