I can't find a heatmap in the reporting. Anyone know how to access a mailing's heatmap?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

I can't find a heatmap in the reporting. Anyone know how to access a mailing's heatmap?

I can't find a heatmap in the reporting area.

Anyone know how to access a link to the heatmap for a mailing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hello @JimO245,

Thanks for coming to the Community with your questions! To find the heatmap, you can select on the title of the email you are looking to get the reporting for. Once you select the title of the sent email, you will see in the upper right hand corner a button that says "Click Reporting". This button will bring you to the heatmap of your email. It will display a hot pink circle on the top 5 links that have been clicked in your email. Take a look at the screenshot below to better direct you!

2017-05-04_9-17-37.png

Hayley L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Employee

Hello @JimO245,

Thanks for coming to the Community with your questions! To find the heatmap, you can select on the title of the email you are looking to get the reporting for. Once you select the title of the sent email, you will see in the upper right hand corner a button that says "Click Reporting". This button will bring you to the heatmap of your email. It will display a hot pink circle on the top 5 links that have been clicked in your email. Take a look at the screenshot below to better direct you!

2017-05-04_9-17-37.png

Hayley L

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

View solution in original post

Derpa derp!  There it was, right under my nose.

Thanks!

Hello @JimO245,

You're very welcome! Please let us know if we can assist with anything else!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Does the Click report function still exist?

I don't have the "Click Report" option in my sent email report - any advice on where I can find the heat map?

Capture.JPG

Hi @Freeman_Brand_Experience_Lab

I'm so sorry you're unable to see the click report of this email! I was able to locate this campaign in your account and could replicate the same experience. At this time email campaigns using our Resend to Non-Openers feature will not show the Click Activity on its reporting page. This is however a feature request I have tracked in your account and submitted to the appropriate teams. In the meantime as a work around, I would suggest going to Reporting tab in your account to view this campaign's click report. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

This heatmap reporting is so great, but with our open rate on the resend, we can't neglect to resend to non-openers. Please enable this feature

Hi @CDLibrary 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this feature here in the Community! We have successfully tracked this request and submitted it to our engineers on your behalf.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Employee

Hello @MandyO558,

It sure does! Here's how you can view that:

1. Click Reporting, then click the hyper-linked number of clicks in the Click Through Rate column for the campaign you want to review.

2. Use the Display drop-down menu to sort the report:
  • By URL - This is the default view. It sorts results by the link's URL and shows the number of unique clicks each link received.

Unique Clicks
  • By Contact - Sorts by contact and shows what link the contact clicked. Finding out which links were visited repeatedly, and which contacts clicked multiple times, might give you additional insight.

Display dropdown

If you want to improve your click-through rate, there are ways to optimize your links to make them more enticing. Learn more about your Clicks here or reach back out with any additional questions you have! 

Amber_L

Frequent Participant

Where is this? I don't see the option that's been posted in this thread.

Hi @XengV 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We have made updates to our reporting page. The good news is you can still see this information through the total count for each link through the upper right hand corner "Clicked" menu. This menu will give you a drop-down where the option "Links" is listed. Changing this to "Links" to get the information you're looking for.

reporting-clicked-report-dropdown-links (1) (2) (1) (1) (2).png

Frankie.P

Frequent Participant

Although I can see the clicks per person, I was hoping CC finally developed a heat map or an image of your campaign showing where everyone clicked. I hope you guys can catch up with the other email service providers soon.

Hi @XengV 

I apologize for misunderstanding your original post! The good news is we do offer heat map reporting. You can find this information by clicking Click Report on the individual reporting page for your campaign. 

2017-05-04_9-17-37.png

There are however cases where the Click Report tab won't display. These times being if you don't have any clicks yet, did a subject line A/B test, or scheduled your email to automatically resend to non-openers.

Frankie.P

Frequent Participant

I don't see the tabs that you're showing, let alone the Click Report tab. It should be there, since my email went out last week, and was not a A/B testing email, nor was it an auto resend to non-openers.

Hi @XengV 

Thank you for following up with these details. I have taken a look at your most recently sent campaign, and can see it's reporting is custom code reporting. Was this email a custom code email, or made through the Constant Contact Mobile App? If so, I apologize at this time heat maps are unavailable in custom code email reporting. It is however a feature request I have submitted in your account. A heat map is a feature only available in our Third Generation Editor emails made through a desktop.

Frankie.P

Frequent Participant

You're correct. My campaigns are all custom code. Your explanation makes sense now and thank you for submitting that feature request.

Hi @XengV 

I'm happy my response was able to help answer your question! Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P

I'm having this same problem. It looks like you're being taken around in circles, and I'm getting frustrated trying to figure this out as well.

Hi @MichaelM5994 

I'm sorry to hear you're not seeing this information in your account. Where exactly are you looking for this heat map? I have taken a look at your sent email campaign and was able to locate this heat map. You can find this too by following the following steps:

1. Click Campaigns.

2. Click Status > Sent to help narrow your search.

3. Click on the name of the sent email you want to view.

campaigns-tab-status-sent-email-name-link-step123 (1).png

4. Click Click Report.

3ge-email-details-click-report-top-clicks-steps45.png

Were you able to find your heat map through following these steps? The highlighted areas shown under this Click Report section is where you can see your most clicked links live. You can even click on the heat map to see what URL is linked to the text or image. However it is important to note your particular campaign only includes one link in it, so there will only be one are highlighted. 

Frankie.P