The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

I'm ready to move forward. How much will it cost to send 11,000 emails?

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: I'm ready to move forward. How much will it cost to send 11,000 emails?

Hello @JOSEPHB4911 ,

11k contacts would put you in the 10k-15k pricing tier, and automatically set you for Email Plus (10k+ contact pricing tiers are the same for both Email and Email Plus). At this tier your pricing would be $195 per month, or $175.50 per month for a 6-month prepayment, or $165.75 per month for a 12-month prepayment. This covers all aspects of your account - including unlimited email sends, ad creation and publishing, social media posting and tracking, etc.

You'd also be considered a large list customer, which gets you access to Premier support and special assistance when managing large amounts of contacts all at once to ensure everything is managed correctly. When you call our support line, if the robot is able to locate your account, it'll make sure you're directed as needed to that support channel. Here's some additional info on managing large lists of contacts.

One other thing to keep in mind, with a list that large, you'll likely need to go through a list review once it's been uploaded. Here's Review's direct phone lines, if and when you are flagged. It's just a short, standard procedure we do to make sure the sizable list is safe for sending, that you understand Compliance elements, and so on. If you're unable to call in, we can also submit a callback ticket with a 24-business hour turnaround.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

will there be a separate email created for the responses?

Highlighted

Hello @JOSEPHB4911 ,

Emails sent through us are effectively like a mass BCC'd email. It will look like you sent an email directly from your primary email address to the contact's. So when a contact replies to you, their email should go to whichever address you have set up as your reply-to address.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I'm not a business just a private individual sending letters to the editor.  They are all public emails.  Is this a problem?

Highlighted

Hello @JOSEPHB4911 ,

Since we're a permission-based company, we do require that the people you're contacting have either expressed you can email them, or have implied it. For more information on permissions, check out this article. Additionally, emailing public addresses tends to result in higher levels of bounces, unsubscribes, and spam reports - all of which can negatively affect your sending reputation. Beyond that, our system will generally not even attempt to send to addresses with role names (e.g. editor@, admin@, vp@, info@, support@), which may decrease your responses significantly if you're mailing mainly to publicly available addresses. 

William D

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I have been emailing the 11,000 recipients for years and never received any complaints.  How do I prove consent?   Can you adjust your system to send them to newspapers, magazines etc ?   The only thing that appears to limit response is the fact that the recipient's email address does not appear exclusively in the "To" line.   I'm fully confidant that all 11,000 emails will go through if your eliminate your filters.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

do you know of another service that can accommodate my needs?

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

well?

Highlighted

Hello @JOSEPHB4911 ,

You're free to upload your contacts and try sending to them. As I mentioned earlier, you'd likely have to go through Review, which may end up telling you the same thing, and may end up requiring you to make significant adjustments to your lists, especially if they contain a lot of role addresses or emails that people haven't explicitly said you could send to.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you get a significant amount of spam reports or unsubscribes, you'll likely be put under review again, and also negatively impact your email deliverability through us, as well as other ESP's. This is standard practice across the industry since nearly every single domain and email client (e.g. Gmail, Outlook, etc.) is able to keep track of email addresses that get enough spam reports or regularly send to bounced addresses, and can outright reject them without even sorting the emails to spam. This is why our system, by default, does not send to role address emails, and why we require you to obtain permission from the people you're emailing - something else that is an industry standard practice for ESP's. 

William D

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured