I need to update the primary account holder on my account. The options are ony to add an acocunt man

SOLVED
Go to solution
Calleigh.Ross123
Rookie

The options are only to add an account manager. I am looking to take myself off as the account owner and add my replacement. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Calleigh.Ross123 ,

If you're already logged in as the owner, you'll just want to update the account's settings to reflect the new ownership, as needed. Right before you hand over the reigns, make sure to hand over the existing username and password to the new owner, and then reset the owner login's MFA preferences. This will require the new owner to login using the credentials, then update the MFA preference for their own. 

Once the new owner is logged in, has established their MFA, and then updated the username / password as needed, they can disable their existing Account Manager / Campaign Creator user, if applicable and desired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Calleigh.Ross123 ,

If you're already logged in as the owner, you'll just want to update the account's settings to reflect the new ownership, as needed. Right before you hand over the reigns, make sure to hand over the existing username and password to the new owner, and then reset the owner login's MFA preferences. This will require the new owner to login using the credentials, then update the MFA preference for their own. 

Once the new owner is logged in, has established their MFA, and then updated the username / password as needed, they can disable their existing Account Manager / Campaign Creator user, if applicable and desired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST