I want to edit an existing campaign

Participant

I want to edit an existing campaign

How do I edit an existing campaign already sent?
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @GregM851

Unfortunately there isn't a way to edit an email you already sent directly but you can make a copy of that email and make any necessary changes before resending!

To make a copy use the Actions menu for the email you already sent. You will see a copy option here! This copy won't automatically send to your contacts or effect the email you already sent in anyway.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Josh
Not applicable

How about for emails sent using HTML in the advanced editor. I have been able to update images that are being hosted on my server, but is there a way to actually edit the code once it's been sent out?

Employee

@Josh You will still have to make a copy to edit any of the code for your email. Once you copy the campaign, you will be able to make any changes you need to.

Alan F.
Community and Social Media Support
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Participant

Can you update an image? If you update an image using the same file name, that image will reload into people's email as the new image. Even though the email sent out, I can still edit an image, when the image is on my server. But I need to edit an image that I uploaded to constant contact, is there a way to update images? I can just find an edit image but I can replace that image in the edit area.

Employee

Hello @YousefH, This is a great question. At this time we have the ability to replace a PDF or Word doc file that is linked in the email. However, no feature that allows replacing an image. I apologize for any inconvenience. This is a great idea though, and I recommend posting it in our Feedback Area. Our feedback section is a great place to post ideas for the product, where other customers are able to vote on your post. Often times, this helps get features added to the product.

In the meantime, below are some screenshots to guide you on where to go; if you are ever interested in replacing a PDFor Word document in an email.

Step 1

replace_1.png

Step 2

replace_2.png

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Kelly Allen
Not applicable

So even a link in a campiagn can not be updated? Then where is the link going to? Should't you be able to replece the file and then people who open it going forward would see the correct document. 

Administrator

Hi Kelly. If you are linking to a document in your library, you can replace the file. Here is a link that will show you how to do this. However, if the link is going somewhere else, like your website, you will need to update the link on your website. You can also copy the campaign to replace the link and resend it to your contacts.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Participant

"Can you update an image uploaded to constant contact?"  

I do not see an answer for this!

I hope the answer is YES.  Every constant contact customer will always, at some point in time, send out a campaign and say OOPS, "I need to replace the image"

The URL for the hosted images has this format:

http://files.constantcontact.com/SOME_NUMBER/SOME_NUMBER.jpg

From a technical standpoint, this should be absolutely simple to do.

The email has the absolute URL to this image.  One should be able to just replace this http://files.constantcontact.com/SOME_NUMBER/SOME_NUMBER.jpg image so every email with this absolute URL will now see the NEW image.

Administrator

Hi @MarkM3928. At this time, only files uploaded into the Constant Contact library are able to be replaced. Images can only be deleted. I'm sorry for this inconvenience but I recommend posting your idea in our Feedback Area which is monitored by our Product team.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Participant

I just want to add to one of my buttons to "click to submit" to the existing button which says "Family Feature Recomendations". My reader is not getting that they need to to click the button inorder to submit recommendations, also I would prefer not to send a copy of the email.  I find people start to ignore things when I over send repeated email that look the same.   

Hello @DemianH,

If an email campaign has already been sent then you would need to make a copy of the campaign first before making any changes. You can certainly add "Click to Submit" to the same button or as its own text block above the button. I can certainly understand not wanting to bombard your contacts with seemingly duplicate emails. At this time there isn't a way to recall an already sent email for edits but I would be happy to submit the feedback for you to our developers.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager