I want to filter my lists using tags but the feature does not appear

SOLVED
Go to solution
user543994
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Apologies if this has been asked before:

I Have a list and on occasion I want to only send my next email to a part of that list. I have tagged the individual contacts that I want to filter out but when I get to the options of lists to choose from for that email send, the filter by tags ie 

user543994_0-1642008353150.png

AND

user543994_1-1642008378797.png

Do not appear. This is pretty fundamental

Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

This is something that affects accounts with over 10k contacts overall. You should be able to utilize the segmentation tool to exclude tags. So for example, let's say you have contacts with Tag A and Tag B in your Main List. If you wish to have a segment that excludes Tag B (even if the contact is also tagged A), you'd set a criteria of:

• List Membership > On list > select your Main List
  • Tags > Not tagged with > select Tag B

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user543994 ,

If you have a large-list account with over 10k contacts, the filter-by-tag tag feature isn't available, but you can segment your contacts to accomplish a similar scheduling setup. You can segment your list with the criteria you're needing, then schedule the email to send to that segment. Otherwise you can also add the segment to a list, which can be sent to as well.

William A
user543994
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thanks William, when you say 'large-list account' is that the whole account or an individual list. I looked at the segment option but I  want to exclude rather than include people. So I may have a list of 1000 that I send to regularly but on this occasion I want to exclude anyone with X tag (or segment if that is an option)

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

This is something that affects accounts with over 10k contacts overall. You should be able to utilize the segmentation tool to exclude tags. So for example, let's say you have contacts with Tag A and Tag B in your Main List. If you wish to have a segment that excludes Tag B (even if the contact is also tagged A), you'd set a criteria of:

• List Membership > On list > select your Main List
  • Tags > Not tagged with > select Tag B

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST