INSERTING A VIDEO LINK FROM YOUTUBE - HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING?

SOLVED
Go to solution
mattL48
Rookie

I USED TO BE ABLE TO INSERT A LINK FROM YOUTUBE. MO MORE? Has the navigation changed that badly? How does one do this now, if still possible?

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @mattL48 ,

You can still insert YouTube links, in either the video block or via one of the other linking methods. However, YouTube "shorts" are not compatible links based on their structure, so they won't work with the regular video block. To link "shorts" type YT links, we'd recommend using one of the other linking methods - text, image, or button.

See also:

Text links

Image links

Button links

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @mattL48 ,

You can still insert YouTube links, in either the video block or via one of the other linking methods. However, YouTube "shorts" are not compatible links based on their structure, so they won't work with the regular video block. To link "shorts" type YT links, we'd recommend using one of the other linking methods - text, image, or button.

See also:

Text links

Image links

Button links

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MargieC7
Rookie
0 Votes

I tried to upload a YouTube video into a video block on an email, but I get the death spin and it didn't upload. It's a 2 minute video. I don't want to invest in Vimeo. I already have a good app to make, edit and store my videos. Is it something I did wrong or has there been a change to the video functionality? Thanks,

Margie

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MargieC7. In order to troubleshoot further, we'll need some additional information. What is the URL for the video? Was this video ever set to private?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST