Image size

Occasional Participant

Image size

Is there any way to see or set the size of an image?  I have several that I'd like to be the exact same width, as opposed to just "eyeballing" them.

12 REPLIES 12
Employee

Hello @DaveA25,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

This is a great idea, unfortunately, at this time we do not have an option to edit the exact dimensions of an image in the Third Generation Editor. I am happy to submit your feedback to the appropriate teams. We apologize for the inconvenience but the drag to resize is the only option at this time.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Anonymous
Not applicable

A "great idea"??? Good grief. We ought to at least be able to get it in at the *exact* size we want, even if the recipient's email platform resizes it.  There's a lot of difference between something displaying at a guess-timated 95% and what it looks like at 100%. But there is NO WAY to tell what size the image is, nor is there a way to resize it exactly.

Hi @Anonymous

I can definitely understand how helpful it would be to resize your images to your exact desired size. I apologize our resizing tool does not work this way. As Curtis mentioned previously a feature like this is something our engineers are looking into and currently collecting feedback on. In fact we have submitted your feedback on this in your account.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

+1 for this feature. Again, seems to be basic functionality that is missing from the 3rd Generation editor! 

Hi @Clairebear

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this here in the Community! We have submitted this request in your account to the appropriate teams. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

I am having this same issue.  Looks like this conversation was from 2018.  Do you have a solution where I can adjust my image to the correct size as the template, prior to uploading it?

Hello @ValerieG385 ,

If you'd like to set and save an image at an exact size, you can use the image editor to accomplish this

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thank you. I would actually like to know the image dimensions that are in the template.  This way I can upload the same sized image as the template. 

Hello @ValerieG385,

Please take a look at our article that explains how to Prepare Images for Upload to see the image dimensions in a template! Thanks.  

Zoe H.

I am also having this problem. I know that I can size images in the image library but it is much more convenient for me to pull images from our website using the URL -- and having done so I want to be able to see and set the dimensions as I have always been able to do in the previous editor. Like others in this thread I do not thing eyeballing is the right way to be doing this as even though I can get close this way it's never going to be perfect and it's also more time consuming than simply being able to adjust a number.

Hello @DavinanewfreelistM ,

I've marked your interest in having our engineers develop the insert-image-by-url to have an image editor option. In the meantime, if you're wanting to set exact dimensions for your image, you'll want to upload it into the library first.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

It is incredibly frustrating not being able to size images exactly, but worse is not being able to see the dimensions of an image as its displayed in an email. This means that I am in danger of running paid ads in the wrong dimensions because I can only eyeball the size. The help pages say it's as simple as sizing the image correctly and then uploading it but the problem is that in practice this does not seem to work. For example, I have an ad that I need to display at its actual width, 440px wide but when I drag the image into the email it initially displays much smaller, leaving me to guess how much I need to increase it.