Images not appearing in newsletters

JillF812
Rookie
0 Votes

I am not able to see images in my newsletters today. I have tried both Safari and Google Chrome. Chrome just acts as if there were no images in the newsletter, while Safari shows empty boxes where the images should be with a question mark in the center. When I right click to open the file in a new window, the message says "Safari can't connect to the server "files.constantcontact.com"". Are you having a server issue today? (February 4, 2019)

32 REPLIES 32
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @KKSales ,

Our higher level technical team has seen this pop up a few times today, but we've so far been unable to replicate on our end through test emails and Litmus tests. I've assigned your case to their queue for further follow-up, but they are noting that this seems to be a relatively recent issue (as noted by Microsoft) that can sporadically occur for Outlook 2010 & 2013. However, your blocked images icon is different from what is displayed in that article, so your issue may be entirely separate.

The technical team will investigate and follow up within the next 4 business days. In the meantime, they're suggesting following the process described in the Microsoft article, as well as checking to make sure your sending email address, and all of our domains, are safelisted on your side. If the issue persists even after performing all those functions, please let the technical team know as a response to their email to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KKSales
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you for the response. I tried to resolve the issue with the link from Microsoft you provided to no avail. That registry value does not exist on our user's computer.

I verified that your domains were all safelisted on our end.

With additional searching around on the internet for a solution I came across some other threads suggesting to move the temporary internet files folder. This did not work either.

The blocked images icon changes to the regular one when you click on it that others in this thread are experiencing.

Any update from your tech team?

Please advice.

Thank you.

DaveV090
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm having a similar issue where the images don't populate in the test email when I'm viewing them from a remote desktop on my company's server, but when I view them on my PC they appear.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @DaveV090 ,

Have you checked your remote desktop's settings to make sure that images are allowed through for emails sent through us? You may need to make sure our domains are safelisted in your program, if your remote desktop view is automatically blocking them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
DaveV090
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William_D,

I'll look into that, but it's a new issue that was never a problem in the past.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DaveV090,

Thank you for looking into that! It could be a new issue due to recent changes in security filters. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
DaveV090
Rookie
0 Votes

It seemed to have resolved itself.  Images are now populating once you click to allow display of images in the email.

VahanU2
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my newsletter. When I send to clients including myself the photos are displayed normally, but when I copy the link to post on LinkedIn or open the newsletter in browser, the photos are not displayed or only one is shown. Same thing happens when I view as preview. I hope all our clients can see the photos in the email but I can't post on LinkedIn if the link doesn't work.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST