The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Images shift with white space in email

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Images shift with white space in email

I'm putting two images side by side with a 400 width, together they have an 800 width which equals the width size of the email. Everything looks fine in the email editor but when I sent some test emails, the image shifts or resizes and adds white space in between.

Email in editor (no white space in between)

Annotation 2020-08-21 152314.png

Then this is how it appears when I sent it to myself

I sent to two other people and they also see the white space shifted more apart

Annotation 2020-08-21 152343.png

Is there a fix for this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Images shift with white space in email

Hello @SherylJ8,

Thank you for getting back to us with more information! It does sound like this issue is Yahoo specific and we would love to submit your feedback on this and do additional research on why this extra white space is appearing. I do recommend making the background color something different than white so that Yahoo users can't see the extra space until this issue has been fixed with Yahoo. Thank you!  

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Hello @SherylJ8 

When trying to replicate this issue we aren't able to see the same white space. Who is you email service provider (ex. Gmail, yahoo, outlook)?

We could try making the background of that image a different color so that space isn't white or merging the two images into one and uploading as one picture within Constant Contact. 

Adelina R

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for responding @Adelina_R 

The email service provider is Yahoo however, I did send it to a Gmail user and the white space was not visible. 

If the problem is with Yahoo, will it always have white space for Yahoo email users? 

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @SherylJ8,

Thank you for getting back to us with more information! It does sound like this issue is Yahoo specific and we would love to submit your feedback on this and do additional research on why this extra white space is appearing. I do recommend making the background color something different than white so that Yahoo users can't see the extra space until this issue has been fixed with Yahoo. Thank you!  

Zoe H.

View solution in original post

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured