Importing Contacts from Excel file Invalid Entries

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Importing Contacts from Excel file Invalid Entries

I am importing contacts from an excel file and do not have a home phone number field but have one for mobile phone.  I import the file, select a contact and for some the home phone number fields shows up with the home address line1 and the mobile phone does not show up.  Other contacts the home number field and the mobile phone number appear both containing the mobile phone.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Importing Contacts from Excel file Invalid Entries

Hello @JoshM616. Our system tries to pick up on the column heading names that you have in your file to find matching column names during the upload process but sometimes they don't match exactly, as you are experiencing! That's why it's important for you to make sure that you match the column names so your fields are uploaded correctly into your account. Here is a link that will walk you through the process of uploading a file of contacts. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Aug 13 retail why ctct banner.png

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Online marketing presents opportunities for retail stores to get found, get more sales, and ultimately grow the business.

If you’re just getting started with online marketing or not seeing the results you’ve hoped for then this session is for you. With our guest expert, Bryan Caplan, you’ll learn a smarter, more practical approach to getting the word out about your retail store. From making sure your business is found to keeping it top of mind, find out how to get the word out to the people who matter most online.

Read More
Featured