Inaccurate Reporting - Open and Click Rate

Participant

Inaccurate Reporting - Open and Click Rate

The last 2 emails we've sent from my group's email address in Constant Contact immediately yielded 100% open rates and 100% click rates. There is obviously an issue here because when other emails sent from other group's email addresses are sent, there are no reporting issues. 

Example I am trying to describe (please note: even though emails are being sent by different addresses, we are using the same Constant Contact account and this has never been an issue before):

123@company.com sends an email and immediately yields 100% open and click rates. (error)

456@company.com sends an email and receives normal open and click rates. (no error)

Please help! 

1 REPLY 1

Hello @LaurelS810 ,

I reached out to our higher level technical team, and they're finding the issue to be fairly unique. They agreed to take the case to do some more thorough investigating, and should be reaching out to the account's primary email address within the next four business days.

With that said, we did notice a lot of the email addresses in the 100% emails going to the same domain (not all, but most). With that in mind, it may also be worth looking at setting up authentication, and seeing if those domains in the 100% instant-open emails can have safelisting for our domains set up. It's possible that the domain(s) being sent to and triggering the insta-100% open are using a security system that "opens" the emails and "clicks" the links to check for malware prior to delivery. You're welcome to also call and speak with Deliverability to see if they have any additional insight, but the Tier 2 team will also be looking into the logs and general deliverability elements during the investigation as well.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.