Inboxes

SOLVED
Go to solution
AlexandriaAM
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello! 

My name is Ashley and I am the media manager for a dance studio. We use constant contact to advertise as well as update our dance students on things happening in our studio. Lately, people have not been getting the emails we have been sending and when I tested it on myself it was going directly into my promotions folder instead of the main inbox. Is there a reason for that? Is there a setting that is tagging it as a promotion? And how do I get the emails to send directly to the main inbox. 

Thanks for any information!

Ashley 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @AlexandriaAM , 

I understand how important it is for your emails to be delivered to the recipient's inbox. We have some general best practices for deliverability that you may wish to look at. We also generally encourage setting up authentication. You may also wish to speak with Deliverability for more insight and for targeted, 1:1 support. 

As far as the promotions folder goes, Gmail introduced different inbox tabs, including the Promotions tab, to help improve deliverability and open rates, and to decrease spam complaints from their users. They deliver emails to these tabs based on constantly changing algorithms that take variable data into account, including sender information, email content, and recipient engagement. There are some things you can do to help them land in the Primary tab, however. This guide should give more insight into that. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @AlexandriaAM , 

I understand how important it is for your emails to be delivered to the recipient's inbox. We have some general best practices for deliverability that you may wish to look at. We also generally encourage setting up authentication. You may also wish to speak with Deliverability for more insight and for targeted, 1:1 support. 

As far as the promotions folder goes, Gmail introduced different inbox tabs, including the Promotions tab, to help improve deliverability and open rates, and to decrease spam complaints from their users. They deliver emails to these tabs based on constantly changing algorithms that take variable data into account, including sender information, email content, and recipient engagement. There are some things you can do to help them land in the Primary tab, however. This guide should give more insight into that. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST