Inconsistent [From: External] appearing on emails

SOLVED
Go to solution
TravisC459
Rookie
0 Votes

Our company sends out weekly emails using constant contact; despite that we set is so that the "From address" is the same each week and is an internal email address, about half the time Outlook marks these emails as "[From: External]" and half the time Outlook recognizes the emails as internal.

Because the emails themselves are consistent, and the email addresses are consistent, and the company Outlook rules are consistent- I wondering if the issue might be a setting within Constant Contact. Any advice or suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi !

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Unfortunately there isn't a Constant Contact setting that dictates whether or not Outlook will display the address as external. According to a Microsoft Community page (found here) if you’re using a work account that’s managed by an IT Admin, you should reach out to them, as it is dependant on the settings of the email server being used by the company.

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi !

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Unfortunately there isn't a Constant Contact setting that dictates whether or not Outlook will display the address as external. According to a Microsoft Community page (found here) if you’re using a work account that’s managed by an IT Admin, you should reach out to them, as it is dependant on the settings of the email server being used by the company.

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST