Incorrect recipient email address

SOLVED
Go to solution
EMJC
Rookie
0 Votes

Why is it that I've some messages being delivered to incorrect addresses?  I've some messages that are attempting to be delivered to variations of a valid contact address.  For example, if the correct address is parker@optimum.net, it is often trying to deliver to oaker@optimium.net.  Any thoughts?  I've searched for the incorrect address and have confirmed it's not listed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @EMJC , 

That looks like an automated response that was sent out confirming their registration when they signed up via the form inside of your email campaign - the email you sent out through Constant Contact uses a third-party form. My guess would be that they are mistyping their email address into that form, hence the undeliverable notification, but I would advise reaching out to that third-party to confirm. Their email in Constant Contact is accurate, otherwise they wouldn't be able to fill out that form at all. You can also feel free to check the engagement history for that specific contact to confirm that they are being received/opened. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @EMJC. Looking at your account, I'm not seeing either address listed nor are they showing in reporting. I see a few addresses with the same domain and maybe one that could be a role address (the EMJC address) but I'm not completely sure if that's the case. Are either of these addresses considered addresses that would receive an email from the role address? Or could you show a screenshot of either of the addresses in your reporting or contact lists?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
EMJC
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi.  My apologies.  I was providing an example, but not the complete actual email address.  A specific, real address for which I have repeatedly received delivery notification failures is parkercarman@optimum.net.  It is in the list.  It has been repeatedly attempted as oarkercarman@optimium.net.  I don't think the emails are spam.  They are originating from "Mailer-Daemon@eigbox.net", but am not 100% sure.  I've included a screenshot of the message body below (I ultimately rec'd a failure, as well).  But, again, the primary question is whether the platform is messing up the addresses (there are multiple) or is it something else I'm seeing.  Thank you!

EMJC_0-1654208547293.png

Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @EMJC , 

That looks like an automated response that was sent out confirming their registration when they signed up via the form inside of your email campaign - the email you sent out through Constant Contact uses a third-party form. My guess would be that they are mistyping their email address into that form, hence the undeliverable notification, but I would advise reaching out to that third-party to confirm. Their email in Constant Contact is accurate, otherwise they wouldn't be able to fill out that form at all. You can also feel free to check the engagement history for that specific contact to confirm that they are being received/opened. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST