Indented bullet spacing options?

davisbrownlaw
Participant

Indented bullet spacing options?

Hello, 

Very recently we started noticing that the bulleted lists in our emails appear to be indented further than they normally are. I have combed through all of the design settings and cannot find any way to change that spacing. Is there a solution to this?

8 REPLIES 8
William_D

Hello @davisbrownlaw ,

At this time, formatting for paragraph and bulleted list indentation isn't possible. I've marked your account as interested in the development of such a feature. If and when there's an update to this feature request, our engineers will notify you directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
MicheleW93
Frequent Participant

Any updates on this?  The spacing for the bulleted lists looks awful.

davisbrownlaw
Participant

Thank you for your response. I am not so much looking to format bullet lists as I am just trying to figure our why our bulleted lists are indented further than before. The image on the left is from an email we sent in June and has what was the normal indentation space. The image on the right is from this month and the spacing is nearly tripled.  Is there a solution for this? 

Annotation 2021-08-09 150145.jpgAnnotation 2021-08-09 150144.jpg

Are the emails using the same builder? Or is the left one using the 3ge builder and the right using the CPE (or vice versa)?

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
NikkiH694
Occasional Participant

I'm having the same issue. On the builder, the bullets seem indented normally. Upon receiving the email, the bulleted lists have an extremely large indent. I'm replying to this thread to see if there are any solutions. Thanks!

Are you using a copied email or one made from scratch? Does the issue occur when you add a fresh new text block and then type out your indented list? Is the issue occurring in multiple email programs or in the app versions versus the desktop versions?

William D

NikkiH694
Occasional Participant

An email from scratch, fresh text block, multiple emails, only using the desktop version. I hope this helps!

I just test sent your recent email with bullets, and they all displayed as expected. In Outlook 2013 the line spacing was slightly larger, which may have contributed to a somewhat different appearance, but ultimately the bullets still lined up as expected. 

Is there a particular version of Outlook or another email program you're seeing this occur in, or is it all of your email programs' desktop versions?

William D