The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Inline Form - Thank You Message appears - Form still visible

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Inline Form - Thank You Message appears - Form still visible

Hi! I'm a web developer implementing an inline form and I'm running into an issue. I have placed an inline form into my web page and it is loading and submitting successfully. The problem I am running into us that the form is still visible after the Thank You message is displayed. My primary user is expecting the Thank You message to replace the form after a successful submission. I'm attaching an image of how the form appears after I've clicked the "Sign Up" button and it successfully submits. My question is whether the behavior I'm expecting is supported, and what do I need to do to get it working that way?

2020-07-09 15_16_54-Window.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Inline Form - Thank You Message appears - Form still visible

Hello @LindsayR2 ,

The higher level technical team and I took a look at the website currently associated with this account, and weren't able to locate the same sign up form anywhere. Would you be able to provide the URL of the page the form is on, as well as if the issue is showing up in desktop, mobile, or both? Thank you!

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi, William. This form is currently only on a staging site as we test the functionality before going live with it. You can see the staging page with the form here.

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted

Thank you for that info, @LindsayR2 . After speaking with our higher level technical team, they think it might be something on the website's side that's blocking our form from transforming properly, since by default and for Compliance reasons it should be automatically. They recommended seeing if there's any other coding elsewhere on the page that might be interfering with the universal or inline code from us.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi, William.

After looking at the page build and also testing on a blank HTML, I can see the issue is coming from the fact that we are using ASP.NET Web Forms as the framework for the site. This means the entire page is wrapped in a <form> tag. What is missing from the form on the staging page is the form tag for the inline form:

<form class="ctct-form-custom" id="ctct_form_0" autocomplete="on" data-qe-id="form-data">

Since this is the item that the script using to hide the form when the Thank You page is displayed, nothing happens. Is there a way to get this as a <div> tag instead of a <form> tag so it works with Web Forms?

Highlighted

Hello @LindsayR2 ,

Our higher level technical team is seeing a couple discrepancies pop up since the universal code and inline code should have a div tag already. They'll be reaching out via email relatively soon for further correspondence and troubleshooting.

William D

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured