Inline Form work sporadically - but never in Safari

MichaelM3
Rookie
0 Votes

I've got several Constant Contact inline forms on my WordPress website. There have been recent complaints of the forms not working. After a lot of testing, we've discovered that the inline/embedded forms: 

1. Never worked on Safari (18 of 18 test submissions failed)
  2. Sporadically worked on Chrome (about a 33% fail rate)
  3. About a 60% fail rate on Edge

I have a Windows PC and can't test on Safari - but personally have had zero problems (so far) with Edge, FireFox and Chrome.

As far as I know - I have the correct universal code included.

So my questions are: what would cause the inline/embedded code not to work at all in Safari? Are there known problems (and fixes) to the same inline/embedded forms working in other browsers? I recently added the Constant Contact plugin to the site in order to add forms in an Elementor PopUp --> could that be interfering with the inline/embed functionality?

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MichaelM3 ,

Are you aware if the failed Safari users are all trying to submit info via iPhones, Macs, or both? If you have anyone able to test, does submitting the info via Safari's Private mode work? Are they running any VPNs, ad/pop-up blockers, or other browser extensions on their Safari?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MichaelM3
Rookie
0 Votes

Are you aware if the failed Safari users are all trying to submit info via iPhones, Macs, or both? - My understanding is that they're testing these on their Macs only.

If you have anyone able to test, does submitting the info via Safari's Private mode work? - I saw this suggestion somewhere in my Googling and no. A user tried Private mode and the submission still failed.

Are they running any VPNs, ad/pop-up blockers, or other browser extensions on their Safari? - One or two of them a probably logged in to our company's VPN from home. Another, I know, is in the office and is directly on our network. I also saw where browser extensions could be the culprit, but I didn't see what extensions might be the problem. Though I don't think that argument would fly well with the bosses as we certainly can't control waht extensions the public/end user might have on their browsers.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

In that case, since you're using the Wordpress integration, I'd advise calling our general support and requesting a transfer to the Tier 2 integrations team for advanced, live troubleshooting. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BASISeducation
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks William! I'll certainly try to do that. Though therein lies the problem: everything seems to work just fine for me. I can test the CC forms in any browser (except Safari) - be it inline/embedded forms on a page or from a pop-up using the plugin - and everything works fine for me. Others are having the problems. I'll see if I can get them available for a call with Tier 2 Support.... Thanks again.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST